How Do You Reset Your"Change Oil" Light

cmoney23

lol no it's the gas pedal. Turn on your ignition. Press firmly the gas pedal all the way to floor and back 3 consecutive times evenly. It should then flash and reset to 100% oil life.

:squintnoeswerdrun: I press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and count 1thousand, 2 thousand, then let go and do it twice more. You will also hear a chime and the DIC will reset like Bad Ass Silvy stated.

Just changed oil, so the manual says turn key to on position then push down brake pedal 3 times. Well tried it but didnt work, so is there another way?

To reset the Oil Life System press and hold the select button while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed. OIL LIFE RESET will appear on the display for 10 seconds to let you know the system is reset. This can also be found on page 3-58 of the 2003 owner's manual. I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me with further questions.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

To reset the Oil Life System press and hold the select button while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed. OIL LIFE RESET will appear on the display for 10 seconds to let you know the system is reset. This can also be found on page 3-58 of the 2003 owner's manual. I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me with further questions.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

squintnoeswerdrun.gifGlad to hear that GM Customer Service can chime in on these critical issues....