Truly Pushing It! 454 Lsx Tvs 2300+

Yes NO JOKE! Looking for a big torque/ low boost set-up! Rotating assembly was dropped off yesterday. I have again contracted TPIS for this build, the LSX block was already on hand as it hit the top 5 in last years AMSOIL engine masters challange, It seemed to be the perfect fit for my needs. Forged GM 4.125 crank and rods,wiseco pistons and future plans including Another Set of WCCH Custom set of ls3/ls7 allpro 6 bolt heads.

*** Let the Official 454 LSX TVS2300 Suburban build Begin.***

Desired features: Drivabilty, and huge tq to tow when needed and still have that WOW OH SHIT! factor when my wife drives it. No more track time for this one! ok maybe once.:eyes:

Two much has already been invested for it to pull minivan type duties. :bang:

My new blower plates have hit full production. So i am putting a new mix to it for this large cubed monster! MORE THICKNESS!

It will have a newly designed plate Modified by TRICK with the abilty for nitrous or meth. Custom enlarged inlet for a direct fit 102mm Throttle body provided by TPIS as well.

Its gonna be EPIC! lol

And what i have learned from the LSX427 TVS2300 I removed, It is gonna be FAST in the new Camaro.

two builds one wallet = OUCH!

FIRST QUESTION!

What cam would you choose?

i like everything about this but the choice of blower. you need a bigger blower on this thing !! that 454 is going to laugh at that blower .

you are probably right, its what i have on hand.

pure budget build ... cough cough

lets see how much tq it gives me before we count it out.

camshaft selection will make or break this combo.

Yes NO JOKE! Looking for a big torque/ low boost set-up! Rotating assembly was dropped off yesterday. I have again contracted TPIS for this build, the LSX block was already on hand as it hit the top 5 in last years AMSOIL engine masters challange, It seemed to be the perfect fit for my needs. Forged GM 4.125 crank and rods,wiseco pistons and future plans including Another Set of WCCH Custom set of ls3/ls7 allpro 6 bolt heads.

*** Let the Official 454 LSX TVS2300 Suburban build Begin.***

Desired features: Drivabilty, and huge tq to tow when needed and still have that WOW OH SHIT! factor when my wife drives it. No more track time for this one! ok maybe once.:eyes:

Two much has already been invested for it to pull minivan type duties. :bang:

My new blower plates have hit full production. So i am putting a new mix to it for this large cubed monster! MORE THICKNESS!

It will have a newly designed plate Modified by TRICK with the abilty for nitrous or meth. Custom enlarged inlet for a direct fit 102mm Throttle body provided by TPIS as well.

Its gonna be EPIC! lol

And what i have learned from the LSX427 TVS2300 I removed, It is gonna be FAST in the new Camaro.

two builds one wallet = OUCH!

FIRST QUESTION!

What cam would you choose?

Well Ray, you know me...need more info?

What rotating assembly? You said GM crank? LS7? TI rods? Are you using the tall deck block? Worried about oil use with a 4.125 crank, or your using the short TI rods to solve this?

Why alpro heads? The MAST ls3 heads seem to be running huge numbers.

Why ls3 not cathedral, like say a 265 runner. Like you I and talked about a while ago, doesn't the cathedral have a better intake to exhaust ratio? And that causing less of split in the duration and that allowing a better LSA for less overlap?

Going to be a killer set up. I'm looking for an excuse to come up by you, so if you need a hand for a weekend, let me know.

Well Ray, you know me...need more info?

What rotating assembly? You said GM crank? LS7? TI rods? Are you using the tall deck block? Worried about oil use with a 4.125 crank, or your using the short TI rods to solve this?

Why alpro heads? The MAST ls3 heads seem to be running huge numbers.

Why ls3 not cathedral, like say a 265 runner. Like you I and talked about a while ago, doesn't the cathedral have a better intake to exhaust ratio? And that causing less of split in the duration and that allowing a better LSA for less overlap?

Going to be a killer set up. I'm looking for an excuse to come up by you, so if you need a hand for a weekend, let me know.

Even shorter on the rod lenght, 6.0 is the lenght strait from gmpp, its their LSX product line. I am also using those pistons. I sacraficed rod angle for good pin placement and oil control. This will not be a high winding application so a 1.55 rod angle wont kill me. Standard deck was my choice for ease of install, It's sole purpose is TORQUE. this blower should compound my tq needs down low. Zippy and I and YOU have discussed cathedral 265's in detail. I have a ls3/9/lsa addiction. I would love some 11-12* angle valves and this is why i choose rectaingular ports. 400+ cfms is goal on the heads weather it be WCCH or Mast. The heads will need to shine on this for it to carry me to peak hp @ 5800 I will give you a heads up on install and yes it is your turn to travel!

Even shorter on the rod lenght, 6.0 is the lenght strait from gmpp, its their LSX product line. I am also using those pistons. I sacraficed rod angle for good pin placement and oil control. This will not be a high winding application so a 1.55 rod angle wont kill me. Standard deck was my choice for ease of install, It's sole purpose is TORQUE. this blower should compound my tq needs down low. Zippy and I and YOU have discussed cathedral 265's in detail. I have a ls3/9/lsa addiction. I would love some 11-12* angle valves and this is why i choose rectaingular ports. 400+ cfms is goal on the heads weather it be WCCH or Mast. The heads will need to shine on this for it to carry me to peak hp @ 5800 I will give you a heads up on install and yes it is your turn to travel!

Well if my math is right, the ls7 is a 1.5168 rod to stroke and it seems to work out pretty darn good. But you said a 6.0 rod? VS a 4.125 stroke? 1.4545 rod/stroke ratio, 6.0/4.125?

For sure let me know when you may need a hand, if i can get away...I'm there. Winter is tough, because my wife is a CPA tax accountant, but if i can...i will.