McGaughy's Kit

AUTOGUY

Just ordered my McGaughy's #SS2D kit today. I know the front spindles are a 2" drop, but I was wondering what you guys were doing with the back end. 2" or 4" Drop? Can you do a 3" with this kit?

I will be installing it next weekend, and wanted to know what everyone else is doing.

Thanks

I love the kit. I have a bit of vibration when accelerating at 65-70 but its overall worth it. They told me i wouldnt get any vibration unless i tweeked the tbs but i still did get the vibration. That might explain why the wheels rubbed, mine might be lower from the factory.

Whats the difference in the SS2D, and SS2E kits?

Their website doesn't say allot.

How do they agree with the 22's?

WW :smash:

The SS2D kit includes the Spindles and Shackles/Hangers. The SS2E kit has the Keys and Shackles/Hangers.

Not sure about the 22's but I would like to find out. I plan to upgrade in the future.

cokedrvrbjw,

I have the same vibration. I plan on calling them to see about it. Also, I am using the 1" hole on the shackles and the hole for less drop on the hangers. I have a bout 3.5" of drop in back. Hopefully they can tell me it's an easy fix with a small shim. Also, can you give me a measurement from ground to front fenderlip please? I am at a little more than 33.5" now. I am at 33.75" in the rear.

cokedrvrbjw,

I have the same vibration. I plan on calling them to see about it. Also, I am using the 1" hole on the shackles and the hole for less drop on the hangers. I have a bout 3.5" of drop in back. Hopefully they can tell me it's an easy fix with a small shim. Also, can you give me a measurement from ground to front fenderlip please? I am at a little more than 33.5" now. I am at 33.75" in the rear.

I'm trying to figure out how you got a 3.5 drop in the rear with using the 1" holes on both the Shackles and Hangers. I just measured my truck and it measures 36" to the bottom of the rear fender lip at the center. The Front is 35.25". If I use the Spindles on front it should bring me down to 33.25" front. If I use the both 1" holes on the rear, I should be around 34". I don't want the rear to be lower than the front.

What has everyone else done that installed this kit?

Thanks

I think the hight of the back has a lot to do with what you have in the back. I just removed my bumper, tow package and spare tire and it sits considerably higher than than it did before and if I removed the X2000 tonneau cover it think it would only get worse. So, when I end up getting the kit, I might consider using the 4" drop in the rear and just leave it with the torsion bars.

Archived