Serious Diet

canadianVRss

so lately i've been thinking. why has nobody done a tubular frame? the weight savings would be nice plus all the strain you would prevent on those hard AWD launchs and gas milage too! although the gas milage being the last of those points. Am i missing something? i read that the next gen silverado is possibley going to be magnesium frame or aluminium frame for weight/gas savings. although i'd imagine it'll be aluminium as i wouldnt want to own a frame thats flammable :crackup: any thoughts?

It would be nice to have a one off custom tube frame built but unless your building it yourself or have a buddy who could build it for you. the cost would be crazy for somebody to custom one off build a frame. there would be a lot that would have to go into it. plus I'm sure if you stripped your frame down to nothing and weighed it. it's probably not all the bad. its everything around the frame that make's the truck so heavy.

It would be nice to have a one off custom tube frame built but unless your building it yourself or have a buddy who could build it for you. the cost would be crazy for somebody to custom one off build a frame. there would be a lot that would have to go into it. plus I'm sure if you stripped your frame down to nothing and weighed it. it's probably not all the bad. its everything around the frame that make's the truck so heavy.

Just like the human body. Its not the bones, its the fat around it hahaha

Oh yeah, I'm talking about self fabrication for sure. But what exactly makes our trucks so heavy? I've been on this weight fixation for a while. Any ideas on dropping more weight? Is there a front bumper underneath the cover? If so drop that and maybe fab up some aluminium brackets to hold the cover in place.

Oh yeah, I'm talking about self fabrication for sure. But what exactly makes our trucks so heavy? I've been on this weight fixation for a while. Any ideas on dropping more weight? Is there a front bumper underneath the cover? If so drop that and maybe fab up some aluminium brackets to hold the cover in place.

well some of the big weight factor's come from a t-case, front diff, bigger wheels all the extra options add weight power seats, heated seats. it all adds up. if you think are trucks are heavy try checking out a duramax your talkin 7000lbs trucks.

• 11 months later...

Bringing up an old thread but looking to lighten mine. She's been a real fatty! Removed

windshield wiper reservoir

bumper with bser roll pan

Stupid tv monitors in headrest

Rims (still looking for lightweights)

Fuel (Obviously only at the track)

Any other ideas or what have you guys have done to cut total weight???