Sss Washed....Bad Ending

koopatroopa

so i recently posted a question about how to wash my truck inside well fortunately it was hot out taht all the snow melted and the roads seemed clean so i took her out to get her wash the line at the first place was to long so i went to the other place got the best one and typed in the code sat there waited you know the dealo and then my turn to go in it took my three times to get her to go in right (awd is not fun to turn) got her in stopped the was starts going going and i hear this noise and was like WTF didnt happen again so no biggy....so i thought i go out walk in my front see i did not lose my SS vents and saw it was not dry enough get home nice and quick so i dry her before i get spots drying drying drying.....found out what made the noise the thing scratched my rollpan and only my roll pan if you look at the pics its B.S. it didnt scrape anywhere else except there not even my tail lights which stick out further then the body

i cant do anything though can i or can i because it is bull how it only hit there

this may not be the right spot for it but i am to mad to look for the right spot and need help/suggestions now

post-22915-063074000 1322091480_thumb.jpg

post-22915-059881600 1322091498_thumb.jpg

Are the scratches down to the bare metal? If its just a surface rub it should be able to be buffed out. BTW I like the SS Silverado emblems where the Z-71 stickers go, unique to your truck only on the site from what I have seen.

Are the scratches down to the bare metal? If its just a surface rub it should be able to be buffed out. BTW I like the SS Silverado emblems where the Z-71 stickers go, unique to your truck only on the site from what I have seen.

oh op these are no little scratches this thing was on a mission and well it did a good job of pissing me off

and ya my uncle made them (not the one who died) i think my uncle who died wanted them because when he fixed thye truck he did not get the SS badge for the tailgate so he made my uncle make stickers

"got her in stopped the was starts going going and i hear this noise and was like WTF didnt happen again so no biggy....so i thought i go out walk in my front see i did not lose my SS vents and saw it was not dry enough get home nice and quick so i dry her before i get spots drying drying drying....."

Ummm what? I don't understand. So you were pulling into the automatic car wash. You were trying to line it up with the mechanism that pulls your vehicle through the facility?You hit the side of the wall, or something else while pulling in? Or did something scratch it once your truck started moving through the brushes?

Well if its down to bare metal you'll have to have a body shop fix that, they should be able to just tape off in the body line and spray that lower section and you'll be good to go. That really sucks, id be mad at that car wash. Also looks like you don't have the rear cladding on your truck, I guess for the roll pan?

if your confident enough, you can get paint from the dealership and do it yourself. Tape off like previously stated, and get a felt tip match. Use the felt end and apply the paint with that. Could also be a little temp fix until you get it professionally done.

Well if its down to bare metal you'll have to have a body shop fix that, they should be able to just tape off in the body line and spray that lower section and you'll be good to go. That really sucks, id be mad at that car wash. Also looks like you don't have the rear cladding on your truck, I guess for the roll pan?

There is a small possibility that he could still have the cladding. I'm can't tell front the pic if he has it or not BUT I know there is another roll pan for the ss besides the BSER. When you buy it, you get 2 new pieces of cladding made of fiberglass. They are extended to accomadate the roll pan in the rear so you don't have have that dog ear effect on the sides. I've heard carl talk about them before. It was a man in northern ky making them if I'm not mistaken.

Well, if your truck was lined up correctly,then it has to be something wrong with the car wash. If that is the case, it will scratch a lot of other peoples vehicles. I would get in touch with the owners of the car wash. If it is a fault in the machine, you should be able to easily prove it. I don't ever remember seeing a sign that says if our machine scratches your vehicle we are not responsible.

Also, if you can not file a claim with them you could easily fix it with a rotary buffer from what the pictures look like to me.I tried the black box, and was very disappointed. If I was you, I would use Meguiars 105, followed by 205,then a sealant. I have never used any Adams cutting compounds, but I'm sure they would work also.

well we watched the video it was my fault/the machines. it does come out a little bit when the spray arm moves down , but i screwed up when it told me to back up because i went to far forward (backed up crookeddunno.gif) . and i am currently waxing my truck with the black box thing and honestly i have never been impressed with waxes.its nice but i wanna see like a professional wax in person and see what if it wows me because i barely can tell.

i may be able to buff it out!

But my dad knows that i feel bad and knows how much i love the truck (i could not live with those scratches there) so he is giving me a very expensive early christmas present......can you guess what it is! Hes gonna pay for it to be repainted

it does not have the cladding because it has a roll pan and we did not wanna buy the part again because it was expensive

hope everyone had a good thanks giving :D

post-22915-011013000 1322206083_thumb.jpg