Clutch Plate Wear

i typically see around 200 f although in stop and go traffic it will go higher

All in my opinion of course, but those temps are high with a Tru-cool and a 2800 stall converter. Put it this way, I have a 4500+ stall converter and RARELY see above 160ish in any type of driving and I don't lock-up my converter until 60mph+ in any gear. Keeping the tranny cool is a life saver. I still feel it is mechanical.

ok so i have been on this forum since the start and have found a lot of useful info but cannot find a good answer to my problem . my list of mods is on the bottom . the problem i am am having is that my truck eats transmissions . my current 4l80e that seems to be working fine just went in for a normal oil change and the mechanic found a lot of clutch plate material in the bottom of the pan , which leads me to believe that it is not long for this world . i am looking for opinions on what could be going on assuming the last guys to rebuild the trans knew what they were doing , could my tune be causing this ? line pressure to high or something like that . seems like its the 4th gear clutches that burn up first . trans guy blames the tuner , tuner blames the trans guy . i am lost and tired of spending money on this .i love this truck but the wife is gonna make me sell it if it breaks again lol and may not let me mod the cts-v . so help please . i need to go fast :)

oh not on the list below is the tru cool cooler although my trans still seems to run at around 200 F

mine is the level 2 4l80e from these guys http://www.transmiss...r.net/4l80e.htm

That place does not have a good reputation from what I have read on other forums.

How ever in this case I believe you have issues with both your tunner and the builder. Your temps should not be that high cruising around with a cooler like that...

well after a flush and filter and now filled with dexron 6 i seemed to have dropped 20 degrees on my trans , guess i will see how long this holds together lol . here is to a fun filled winter nothing like a 5400lbs rally truck and a lot of stunned subarus

The dex 6 has much better properties then the dex 3 . The down side is that the dirt is suspended in the fluid so it appears to get dirty fast. I like the fact that I can drive say 4 hours straight and the trans still feels solid when you come to a stop light and and have to get in it....