Help With What Year Sss To Buy

alvinoolivas

I've always wanted a sss and its about time to buy one... I'm new to this site so i know this topic has been talked about but haven't found the exact answer I'm looking for. i want a awd sss that has leather, moonroof, and auto a/c... i think only 2003-05 are the only options for awd but I'm not positive. can someoe please tell me what each year has and what each year doesn't?thanks

Personally 04 is the best... lol Nah there all good just depends what you want 03-05 1/2 I believe were awd and I think that cloth seats were introduced in 06 the rest is on u plus you can always add things to it . Just take your time when looking for it . I spent a few months looking for mine and traveled two hours for it. Good luck and welcome to the site

Your choice of wanting a moon/sunroof narrows your choice down to the 2005 year model if you want awd. 2003s and 04s came loaded basically with all options except engine block heaters unless you live in AK and the moon/sunroofs. The seats also are different, the 03-04s (05?) have more movement options (lumbar etc). The DIC also was changed and does not store as much info in the later model years. Their are so many other things to consider also and so many other little things that have been changed its hard to get them all down (such as the speedometer font was changed in 05+. Do you want efans or a belt driven fan? 2005+ have efans unless you install them onto the 03-04s and have a tune done. One thing to consider is do you want the digital dual climate control or just analog? You will have trouble finding the exact truck you have described, just be patient and you will find it. I have only heard issues about the sun/moonroofs that cam with these trucks so if you were to get an 03 you could use the extra money (since its an older truck) and hav a custom sun/moonroof installed. :chevrolet:

honestly sunroofs are over rated i mean i wish i had one. but i don't see the point for them i had it in a Camry and i only used it because i could. i personally would not worry about that part. 03 mass knows way to much about these trucks but really any year will do you black shouldn't be that hard to find. but hey if we are going to be a real money saver why not get one of the old 454 SS crackup.gif. it really doesn't matter what year you get because you are gonna get the mod bug anyways...its hard not to with such an awesome truck :D

i hope when you get your SSS it isn't a let down (doubt it will be)

Thanks for all the info. I'm personally want the 05. My price range was between 20-25k but I found one for 18k. Has everything I want but it has 126k miles. What do u think? Good deal or not. Body and all in good condition.

Not a good deal.

I paid 19k, and it had 32,xxx miles with a two year warranty.

Thanks for all the info. I'm personally want the 05. My price range was between 20-25k but I found one for 18k. Has everything I want but it has 126k miles. What do u think? Good deal or not. Body and all in good condition.

Way too much $$$ for that many miles. Just hold out for a better deal.

Investigate the options and decide what's best for you. Personally I could care less for leather which is important to many. 03 and 04 came with leather standard also 4 wheel disc brakes. 05 had sunroof options and cloth options with a few 2wd produced with larger front brakes yet rear drums and a 14 bolt rear. 06 gives you the HD hood and grille and were only 2wd. 03-05 Bose was standard where in 06 it was optional. 06 also had the option of a bench seat with foldable center console.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Keep in mind that the sun roof option was rare. It was like 1 in 10 produced that had the moon/sun roof option. Go after the best deal you can find. You can always add things like that later. I want a silver 05 SS with AWD. The only one I could find the guy wants 28K for it. I can get the same truck with out that option for 18-20K and add it in later on and still have money left over to put brand new 06 hood and grille on and buy Insurance for a year.