Trouble Shooting Tranny Problem

I had my transmission rebuilt two months ago after breaking all the lugs out of the main drum in the transmission @ 70K. The transmission shop also discovered that the output shaft was twisted and that the second gear clutch was worn down to the rivits. I had the shop put in a shift kit from technology products during the rebuild. The transmission felt really good after the retune was performed. About a month after having my truck back I was on my way to work in the morning and stopped at the traffic light; when I went to accelerate the transmission revved in drive without grabbing. I had to manually shift through the gears to get it to the shop. Transmission shop has looked at all common fixes associated with that problem and has not been able to fix it yet. What would cause the transmission to not work in drive but work going through the gears manually?

What shop did the rebuild if you don't mind me asking?

I used Alaska Transmission and Gear............ Carter had recommended the shop to me after having his transmission rebuilt there. I believe Carter hadn't had any issues with his tramission and he is pushing more horsepower than me. Carter and Brody from Fast Times both recommended Marc who is the owner to do the rebuild.

I used Alaska Transmission and Gear............ Carter had recommended the shop to me after having his transmission rebuilt there. I believe Carter hadn't had any issues with his tramission and he is pushing more horsepower than me. Carter and Brody from Fast Times both recommended Marc who is the owner to do the rebuild.

Interesting, I don't know too much about them other than I purchased a old 4 speed manual from them this last spring from there old inventory, ended up working good after a couple trips back to them with it. Now on newer stuff I have no clue how good they are.

after breaking all the lugs out of the main drum in the transmission @ 70K. The transmission shop also discovered that the output shaft was twisted and that the second gear clutch was worn down to the rivits.

Interesting lol