Ft Worth Install Party

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

lol Well it went down an ended badly...broke the valve and had to buy new heads, I got the 799 heads. Didn't do any internal damage besides messing up one of the piston tops but I got a new one. Hopefully it will be running wednesday. From now on everything internal gets installed by a shop. lol

Yeah the 4th one from the front on the left side wasn't installed correctly. Hurt my heart, Im hoping I get to drive it at least once before I go back overseas...

uh yeah really.....what happend? When you talk about a valve im assuming one of the locks didnt get installed correctly during the spring swap

Yeah the 4th one from the front on the left side wasn't installed correctly. Hurt my heart, Im hoping I get to drive it at least once before I go back overseas...

Damn it

Although easy to miss, but very easy to double check by tapping on the top of the valve with a hammer when the new spring is installed.

Good luck man, hope you get it running

Its all good Zach, we got it together in the end and I learned a ton taking the engine apart 3 times. Ha. Joe worked tirelessly on it and I could never thank him enough. It was an adventure for sure!

Sent from a rotary payphone using Tapatalk