Ft Worth Install Party

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be there to hand deliver your 80e, haha. Just hope my truck is back on the road by then. The earlier in January the better for me though, I start classes again on the 16th. Ill talk to Danny and Steve and see if either of them can make an appearance. Havent heard much from either of them in quite a while though, not sure whats going on with them.

ill be there to hand deliver your 80e, haha. Just hope my truck is back on the road by then. The earlier in January the better for me though, I start classes again on the 16th. Ill talk to Danny and Steve and see if either of them can make an appearance. Havent heard much from either of them in quite a while though, not sure whats going on with them.

Yeah man I'd be nice to finally meet you since I buy like everything you sell! haha I leave Afghanistan the 3rd and fly through Dubai and hopefully I wont have much of a layover and touch down at DFW on the 5th. Ill keep you posted. Prolly as soon as you drop it off as quick as I can get up to Jake's Performance to drop it off and get them started on it Im gonna do that. I want to get everything done by the 11th since my little boy is due on the 12th.

arriving home the 5th and you want it done by the 11th... hope you get all the competent help that you need thats a pretty tall order. i did pretty much everything you are gonna do by myself and with unexpected trips to get tools and missing parts it took me a bit over 2 weeks. i was working at the time also so you will have this on your side. good luck man. hope you have a decent sized air compressor, an air chisel, ball joint separator, a puller for your crank pulley, and a nice BFH.

Also, just a tip i would remove the box before tackling the rear suspension drop. its real easy to take off and gives you soo much more room.

arriving home the 5th and you want it done by the 11th... hope you get all the competent help that you need thats a pretty tall order. i did pretty much everything you are gonna do by myself and with unexpected trips to get tools and missing parts it took me a bit over 2 weeks. i was working at the time also so you will have this on your side. good luck man. hope you have a decent sized air compressor, an air chisel, ball joint separator, a puller for your crank pulley, and a nice BFH.

Also, just a tip i would remove the box before tackling the rear suspension drop. its real easy to take off and gives you soo much more room.

Way to make a guy nervous lol Hopefully I can get enough people in to knock it out. Otherwise I might just do the drop and put it all on the shelf till I'm home for good or have someone install it and have it waiting for me to get home. You pulled the bed by yourself? Man that must have truly sucked ass.

also if you are gonna be doing your tranny at the same time i would just pull the trans and engine out together. makes things alot easier when its out and on an engine stand

Im letting the guys at Jake's install the tranny so I can have that pretty warranty takealook.gif

Way to make a guy nervous lol Hopefully I can get enough people in to knock it out. Otherwise I might just do the drop and put it all on the shelf till I'm home for good or have someone install it and have it waiting for me to get home. You pulled the bed by yourself? Man that must have truly sucked ass.

Its all doable in your timeframe . i ran into some rusted suspension issue due to my truck being a MN truck and with over 125xxx miles on it when i started working on it.

I had help with the box it would have been damn near impossible alone.

since you arent doing your trans this should be fairly accomplishable.

After i blew my trans i did take it out and install the new one by myself... Now that was sketchy being under my truck with a floor jack and a $3000 trans, but i got it done.

After i blew my trans i did take it out and install the new one by myself... Now that was sketchy being under my truck with a floor jack and a $3000 trans, but i got it done.

Yeah thats enough to make you sweat, too bad your so far away brother.