Crew Cab Ss Conversion Pics Inside

4doorsssilverado

Thanks everyone for the comments

The sunroof was like 350 and I installed it so didn't pay for labor

The ss badges I still need to buy them

The wheels if I do order some 24s deep dish I'm only gonna order the back ones and use these (2)22s for a 69 c10 I'm building right now 20s up front 22s deep dish out back with a ls swap done by me I'm working on the paint right now ill post pics later.

Thanks once again glad you'll like it

Wow that things looks awesome! Not sure if I've seen a crew cab clone that well done before and dang is it low! pepsicheer.gif

Thanks Matt how did ur lq9 work in ur c10 my 6.0 ran pretty good hit a 13.2@103 the way it is with 22s and everything still haven't even mess a lot with the tune still has alot of potential should go easy mid 12s on slicks and good weather and getting the tuned dialed in. I bought my brothers 69c10 just like urs going to swap a ls motor into it working on the paint right now.

Edited by 4doorsssilverado (see edit history)

Thanks Matt how did ur lq9 work in ur c10 my 6.0 ran pretty good hit a 13.2@103 the way it is with 22s and everything still haven't even mess a lot with the tune still has alot of potential should go easy mod 12s on slicks and good weather and getting the tuned dialed in. I bought my brothers 69c10 just like urs going to swap a ls motor into it working on the paint right now.

Mine worked out great but it had traction issues and the tune wasn't right when I ran it so I only got a 13.4 @ 100 which isn't too bad! But I'm sure it could get into the 12's with traction and the good tune its got now.

Mine worked out great but it had traction issues and the tune wasn't right when I ran it so I only got a 13.4 @ 100 which isn't too bad! But I'm sure it could get into the 12's with traction and the good tune its got now.

That's pretty good Matt wat headers did u use on ur 69 and wat engine mounts trying to get all the parts ready for my 69

That's pretty good Matt wat headers did u use on ur 69 and wat engine mounts trying to get all the parts ready for my 69

I'm running a mid length type for LS1 swaps into s10s and they fit nice, but if I were to do it again I think doug thortly makes some specific for LS swaps into 67-72's that are long tubes. I know there's a guy running gen 2 camaro ls swap headers from speedway motors that are 1 7/8 and they fit fine I guess from what he said. Motor mounts are stock SBC replacements with adapter plates from ebay which are very nice and about $40 bucks which you can't beat since the LS motor bolts right in stock oil pan and all! thumb.gif

I'm running a mid length type for LS1 swaps into s10s and they fit nice, but if I were to do it again I think doug thortly makes some specific for LS swaps into 67-72's that are long tubes. I know there's a guy running gen 2 camaro ls swap headers from speedway motors that are 1 7/8 and they fit fine I guess from what he said. Motor mounts are stock SBC replacements with adapter plates from ebay which are very nice and about $40 bucks which you can't beat since the LS motor bolts right in stock oil pan and all! thumb.gif

You dont have a link or wat do you type on ebay Matt yeah I saw those Doug thortly but they're like 600 i think and the f body stainless r like 200shipped on ebay and they're 1 3/4 I saw that they fit on 67-72chevytrucks.com but u have to modify them alittle where the lower a arm goes on the drivers side and I think the first tube on the pass. side hits depends on wat engine mounts you use.

You dont have a link or wat do you type on ebay Matt yeah I saw those Doug thortly but they're like 600 i think and the f body stainless r like 200shipped on ebay and they're 1 3/4 I saw that they fit on 67-72chevytrucks.com but u have to modify them alittle where the lower a arm goes on the drivers side and I think the first tube on the pass. side hits depends on wat engine mounts you use.

I don't have any links for headers but here's the motor mounts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-Conversion-Motor-Mount-Adapter-Plates-LS6-5-3-6-0-/270802109922?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0d1045e2

Yeah the guys on 6772chevytrucks know a ton about these swaps, when I first did mine it seemed like there wasn't half as much information available on there as there is now. Sounds like you've got the headers figured out the the fbody ones.

I don't have any links for headers but here's the motor mounts: http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f0d1045e2

Yeah the guys on 6772chevytrucks know a ton about these swaps, when I first did mine it seemed like there wasn't half as much information available on there as there is now. Sounds like you've got the headers figured out the the fbody ones.

Thanks,Matt you didn't have any problems with those mounting your engine since I see they dont have any adjustment, let me know so I can go ahead and order them thanks once again.

Thanks,Matt you didn't have any problems with those mounting your engine since I see they dont have any adjustment, let me know so I can go ahead and order them thanks once again.

Yes I believe there the same, not all these trucks are the exact same so I can't say for sure but they did work in my truck. There cheap enough anyways if there wrong your not out a ton of cash for some custom mounts that don't work. I also used the same adapters in my 1955 Chevy 5.3 swap and I will be using another set in my 1957 Bel Air 6L swap, also my friends 67 firebird used those adapter mounts as well.

• 1 year later...

Well hadn't posted any updates on my truck but I finally went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 22/24 deep dish intros heres some piks of how she sits as of now still have a lot of plans for her. Comments welcome

Plans

1.red n white leather interior

2.2nd sunroof in rear

3.cowl hood

4.cut bed and install (4)12's in bed

5.oem ss bumper and cluster

6.repaint it all and throw some pinstripes on the hood and tailgate

7.tub the front and drop it about another 1-1 1/2 in the front

heres some piks of when I took her apart to when I put her back together piks might not be in correct order

IMAG1020.jpg

trying rims on while rearend was getting narrowed to get an idea of how she was going to look like

IMAG1016.jpg

coming back from mounting the tires on the rims and picking up the bed

IMAG1024.jpg

finally coming back together

IMAG1025.jpg

installing the bed back on the truck

IMAG1026.jpg

finally drivable

IMAG1027.jpg

reinstalling the claddings on bed

IMAG1043.jpg

IMAG1046.jpg