Finished Stereo!

6.0ss

Have not decided what sub yet but am powering the facotory bose sub now, not too bad with 300 watts going to it!!

Factory sub? I have been looking into putting some subs in my truck because the factory system just isn't cutting it. If your saying we have a factory sub where is it and what is it? I'm not looking for much so hopefully I can just put a little more juice to the factory one and be done. :cheers:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bose sub 6" is in the front of the center console just in front of the cupholder area. Amp is under the storage unit.

How did yall find that out? Are there two different amps? One for the sub and then one for the rest? Do yall think its possible to put bass blockers on the rest of the speakers?

I have my bass almost all the way down and I would like to utilize that sub a little more!

If you wanted to, YOu could amplify the entire stock system with a 5 channel stereo. But the fact is that you probably only have to amplify the fronts and the sub to get some more bang for your buck.

If you were to install a simple 4 channel system. 2 channels for the front and then bridge the rear two for the sub it might sound really good. At that point you also have the option of using the facory head unit or not? As we all know the Delco head units reduce bass as the volume goes up to protect the speakers, so using the stock deck might do some funny undesirable things, but, it would be worth it to check it out before you purchase an aftermarket head unit!

IN an acura TL from the early 90's that had bose system I used a 4 channel amp and powered just the factory speakers. The car slammed and the speakers really played well. Clean and loud was most peoples suprised response! Just throw in a sub and you are set!! (but we already got one!!!!)

The Bose sub 6" is in the front of the center console just in front of the cupholder area.  Amp is under the storage unit.

How did yall find that out? Are there two different amps? One for the sub and then one for the rest? Do yall think its possible to put bass blockers on the rest of the speakers?

I have my bass almost all the way down and I would like to utilize that sub a little more!

THe factory bose system in our trucks already has a crossover built in so that bass does not go to the door speakers. If you used an aftermarket amp, you could just use the crossover built into it. The bass comes from the center console, On the passenger side of the truck, if you put your hand up between the fire wall and the centerconsole and play music, you can feel the air move over your hand from the ported bose enclosure. It is right there on the trans hump!

Archived