Fuel Pump Issues

A few years back I installed a Walbro 255lph fuel pump in my ss. I had no issues when I was running nitrous, but since I installed the Procharger I loose fuel pressure and the engine dies out in 1st gear when the tank is less than 1/2 full. 1st and 2nd gear with less than a 1/4 tank. No problems what so ever when I keep the tank over half full. I have heard of these issues when you modify the stock cage assy to fit a 255 pump on a return system. Anyone have a fix for this?

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)

A few years back I installed a Walbro 255lph fuel pump in my ss. I had no issues when I was running nitrous, but since I installed the Procharger I loose fuel pressure and the engine dies out in 1st gear when the tank is less than 1/2 full. 1st and 2nd gear with less than a 1/4 tank. No problems what so ever when I keep the tank over half full. I have heard of these issues when you modify the stock cage assy to fit a 255 pump on a return system. Anyone have a fix for this?

Having the same issue myself. When I was doing the initial tuning I got on it and the truck stalled out then reved back up with about the same amount of fuel you are experiencing. Looking forward to following this.......

Having the same issue myself. When I was doing the initial tuning I got on it and the truck stalled out then reved back up with about the same amount of fuel you are experiencing. Looking forward to following this.......

I remember you had the same issue and was hoping you had a solution. :D My one idea was to reinstall a stock pump/holder assy and use a boost a pump from kenne bell. My only concern is if that will be enough fuel. I've seen 700 to 800hp camaros with that same setup with no issues.

I remember you had the same issue and was hoping you had a solution. :D My one idea was to reinstall a stock pump/holder assy and use a boost a pump from kenne bell. My only concern is if that will be enough fuel. I've seen 700 to 800hp camaros with that same setup with no issues.

ha, well shit.

This is how we modified mine. You can see the holes at the bottom of the cage. Theory was to let fuel in at all times but not sure if that is actually was is causing it or the entire inside being modified is the issue

6-8.jpg

4-8.jpg

3-10.jpg

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

ha, well shit.

This is how we modified mine. You can see the holes at the bottom of the cage. Theory was to let fuel in at all times but not sure if that is actually was is causing it or the entire inside being modified is the issue

The only thing I did different was my p/u sock is outside of the cage.

Lonnies performance make a nice kit that from what I hear performs very well (if you are having issues with the stocker):

Lonnies Performance truck dual pumper fuel basket

Part number: RX-TK-GSS340-DP-PKG

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Lonnies performance make a nice kit that from what I hear performs very well (if you are having issues with the stocker):

Lonnies Performance truck dual pumper fuel basket

Part number: RX-TK-GSS340-DP-PKG

Looks like a nice setup and even a bit overkill for me. I wish they had some better pictures of it.

I had considered one of those kits myself. I couldnt justify spending that much for it all as there were other subjects that needed attention more so I went the route I went. I did research and even a how-to on what I did and never said anything about starving the pump (assuming thats what its doing). At the end of the day I never followed up on th issue as I kept it over half full.