Estimate On Rwhp

Michiganvmax

Hi my name is John I am new to the site as a member. I purchased my truck in feb of 2011 and love the platform

I am wondering with the modifications to my 06 if it would be worth a dyno tune to wring out any additional power, the truck has had a base tune from a reputable shop in Nunica, Michigan. The tune was done based on an airbox and exhaust. I had no idea at the time that the previous owner had put afr heads on this truck, I still don't know what cam is in this truck, I making the assumption that if the previous owner swapped the heads he would have swapped the cam. Thanks for any help, also does anyone have an educated guess as to the power this combo should put to the tires.

First off welcome to the site! Sounds like you got yourself quite the truck if someones already modified the engine! I would definetly say that if someone went to the trouble to install some AFR heads that they would have done the cam as well. A dyno tune would probably get you the best results with the truck and it would show you what power your putting down.

Welcome to the site sir. If I were you, I would go to the dyno and see what power you are putting down currently. Then tune it again, as you said it was originally tuned knowing it had an airbox and exhaust. Do remember that your tune and power squeezed out on the dyno is only as good as the tuner himself. Good luck on your dyno session and show some numbers when your done! :chevrolet:

Welcome another guy from mi!

Any way to find the old owner?? Then i would ask dynonshop if they remember or can put you intouch with someone who knows. Where in mi are you? I could pull the tune amd compaor it to anstock file...how does it run

A guy down here bought an old members truck and when he found out whos truck it is we found all the build info, takes some thought to do head cam swap.

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Welcome another guy from mi!

Any way to find the old owner?? Then i would ask dynonshop if they remember or can put you intouch with someone who knows. Where in mi are you? I could pull the tune amd compaor it to anstock file...how does it run

A guy down here bought an old members truck and when he found out whos truck it is we found all the build info, takes some thought to do head cam swap.

I live in holland michigan's west coast, zippy's old stomping grounds. I have attempted to contact the previous owner with no luck

I bought the truck in westboro, massachusetts the previous owner lived in Vermont and owned a ski shop, he traded it in 2011 for a new

duramax. The power number I was lookin for was at the tires

I live in holland michigan's west coast, zippy's old stomping grounds. I have attempted to contact the previous owner with no luck

I bought the truck in westboro, massachusetts the previous owner lived in Vermont and owned a ski shop, he traded it in 2011 for a new

duramax. The power number I was lookin for was at the tires

Westborough is the next town over from me.......