Heated Seats Problem And It Cold Outside Please Help

BOBBY6.0

Hey my 2004 SS the drivers heated seat when i turn it on it only stays on for a second or 2. The passenger seats works for a couple of mins. then turns off also the memory driver seat sometimes ends up in diffrent place than where i set it . I understand that sometimes the seat heaters short out but could there be somthing else thats going on ???

Thanks in advance

Probably need a new fuse or whatever that powers the seat heater and memory positions.....to the dealership you go. Or try the search button this was just brought up recently. The search button is your best friend.

sounds like the element is burnt out. my yukon does the same thing nonod.gif

Agreed. My seatback element was burned out and did the exact same thing (except my pass side worked great). I've read that it's usually the seatback. It's pretty easy to check. All you have to do is put the seat all the way forward, and at the bottom of the seatback there is a two plastic channels that are locked together. Jam a small screwdriver and seperate the channels. Once that's done, move the seat in a position that works for you and slide the cover up as much as you can. It has velcro on the inside of the cover. After you've done that, pull the element out. It will be taped in there, but it's not a big deal. You'll be able to tell if it's burned out. This is what my element looked like.

001.jpg

I ordered this part to replace it. I think I found a $5 off coupon.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/?N=0&src=search&Ntt=RB641106&=

It was about a 15 minute repair.

Hey my 2004 SS the drivers heated seat when i turn it on it only stays on for a second or 2. The passenger seats works for a couple of mins. then turns off also the memory driver seat sometimes ends up in diffrent place than where i set it . I understand that sometimes the seat heaters short out but could there be somthing else thats going on ???

Thanks in advance

Has your concern been resolved? Please feel free to keep me posted with your progress and contact me with any questions. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

• 2 weeks later...

I was researching this problem online for my buddy in my town with the other SS. i keep hearing so many different possibilities, i dont know what to tell him? I have heard it is probably the element, and i have also heard it could be the module controller under the seat? He already replaced the switch in the door, but of course that did not fix anything? I hate it when it is hard to pin-point a cause of a problem. And I really hate changing parts for nothing!

I was having the same kind of problems with my seat going to the wrong position, or not going to a position. then the Seat heater would go from On, then move down to low, then back up to HIGH. never would stay the same. then the seat started working BACKWARDS! I mean push forward on the button and it would go Back!. Dealer re-programmed the Body Controller. Everything works correctly, now...

• 5 months later...

Well I'm taking my 03 ss in tomorrow because my seat comes on all by itself, I hope it's not a lot of $$$$$$$$

Keep me posted on your progress with the dealer. If you find that you need additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

• 3 months later...

Mine is only not heating on the drivers side. When it did work just prior to the failure..mine got really hot on position 2 near my upper back. A couple of days later when the seat heater is turned on it only stays on for about 15 seconds the shuts off. If I continue to turn the heater on the seat still heats slightly. All other seat functions are working normally.