Battery

catdaddy300

I have had the same battery since i bought the truck all those years ago, and i left my lights on the other day and drained that bad boy and now its not the same any more. So i was just seeing what you guys thought about all these other batteries out there and any recommendations

I am a big believer in AC Delco batteries, but they are pricey. Same with Interstate. Of the two, i would prefer the Delco. I put a Super Start by Dekka on mine since that is what my store carries, and it has done fine. the Optimas are nice, but rediculously expensive! A group 78 battery with 72 month warranty here runs $82.47 for the Super Start. If you dont mind the extra money, I would put a Delco on it! JMO

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

I am a big believer in AC Delco batteries, but they are pricey. Same with Interstate. Of the two, i would prefer the Delco. I put a Super Start by Dekka on mine since that is what my store carries, and it has done fine. the Optimas are nice, but rediculously expensive! A group 78 battery with 72 month warranty here runs $82.47 for the Super Start. If you dont mind the extra money, I would put a Delco on it! JMO

I've randomly had good luck with factory Delco batteries as well. I ended up with a used Delco battery from 2003 that was still good and installed it into my C10 in 2009 when I finished restoring it. Its worked flawlessly ever since and always starts right up to this day. If you want something nice though I would go with a Optima Red Top or similar.

AC Delco stock or AC Delco Pro Series. I was thinking Optima but heard of some issues with them. My AC Delco lasted from 03 to 2011 February. Driven about twice a week from 2005-2008, and started once a week to clear the exhaust and keep the battery still charged from 08-last February.