Roush Isn'T As Tough As I Thought

ocelot729

Ok, so anyone whos seen my truck, I'm going with a Joe Gibbs look on the Silvy, well here's how it went down...

I was over at my friends house working on his Z71, when one of his work buddies came over with his father-in-law. The guy stared at my truck and then said "Shouldn't you be driving a Tundra? Seeing as your a Gibbs fan in all??" I told him 'Well Gibbs never made Performance Tundras, even then I'm a Chevy fan sooo, no."

He then ranted about why Roush Racing was better than Gibbs and that Carl Edwards was cheated blah blah blah....

Finally I told him "Put your money where your mouth is dude, do you wanna race that POS or talk our ears off!" He said "FINE, your truck against my car!! Loser buys two cases of beer and dinnerfor everyone of the winners choice" of course I responded as intelligently as humanly possible...

"Word, dick"

We lined up on the service road a block away, mostly abandoned, some city trucks there and what not. My buddies wife has always wanted to flag a race and she got her chance, we took off, he pulled at first due to my wheel spin in first and second, soon as I caught the tail end on second gear, the truck shit and got, pinned me back like a mother, I passed him half way down the road and kept 2-3 cars on him.

When it was over he came back and said "How?? My cars got a supercharger on it... How did I lose??" I told him, "Well honestly had you not jumped on the gun hoe Ford bandwagon right off the bat, you may have seen what you were getting into!

He shook his head and drove to get the beer with his Son-in-law, who BTW is cool as shit, told him what I had under the hood and he was like WTF!?!

Needless to say a stang kill of anykind is nice to me, in retrospect... didn't know those cars were rated at 360 horse appearently... seems kinda low IMO...

Nice kill, one of our SoCal members from PT.net raced a 03 SVT blown lightning other night, he's on a N/A 5.3, heads, cam, stall, LT's, TBSS intake, 90mm TB, built tranny and 4wd high, etc etc and he destroyed this Disgustang twice! Ford's are slow. He won $100. Again, congrats, nothin like shutting up a $hit talker.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)