Battery - Which One?

Stitches040

Hey All ..

I am in the market for a new battery. My truck started this morning, but for some odd reason, it gave me problems at lunch. I parked it in the shadows, and it wouldn't start.

I am still rocking my Factory OEM battery. It has been in my truck since production, so that is over 8 years old. I guess it doesn't owe me anything ... LOL ...

So seeing what everyone is suggesting. I guess I only need a standard battery, as I do not have any electronic modifications. I was thinking the Optima Red Top, but don't know if it's worth the money ...

So, please give me some suggestions and links ...

Thanks in Advance ... :thumbs:

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard great things about the Optima red tops but I think you will probably be fine with any type of replacement battery. Maybe try another Delco since you got such a long life from your original thats pretty impressive.

I've heard great things about the Optima red tops but I think you will probably be fine with any type of replacement battery. Maybe try another Delco since you got such a long life from your original thats pretty impressive.

:withstupid:

Any will work, but I am partial to the Delco. Love the Optimas, but too pricey for my blood.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

I like the Interstate Mega-Tron/Mega-Tron Plus batteries for some reason. I've used them for replacement on every vehicle I have ever owned. Never had one fail and they always last 6+ yrs without issue.

Interstate MTP FTW. Ive had mine since '07 in the bitter NE cold and have never had an issue. Optimas are overrated IMO, had em in past vehicles and if it sat for 3+ days it would be dead. Can't beat Interstates warranty either.

Interstate MTP FTW. Ive had mine since '07 in the bitter NE cold and have never had an issue. Optimas are overrated IMO, had em in past vehicles and if it sat for 3+ days it would be dead. Can't beat Interstates warranty either.

I have to agree, next battery on the SSS will be an Interstate. Curently I have a Sears crappy diehard.