Need Some Help With My 03 Silverado Ss Please

biggun824

i have an 03 silverado ss and i have 2inch drop hangers took the overloads out and i recently just installed 2 inch drop hangers i still have about an inch of clearance but the problem is my truck is ridiculously bumpy and bottoming out big time what would help out to fix that problem ?

I don't know if you typed it wrong, but it sounds like you have drop hangers, drop shackles, and removed a leaf... Is that correct? That would be an approx drop of 5" in the rear. You should have no tire showing with that drop. Unless it's being held up by the bump stops.

If you have already removed the bump stop bracket from the frame, removed a few nubs from the bump stop, and mounted the bump stop to the frame directly (already a hole there). I would guess that your still riding the bump stops on the rear and need to notch the frame.

If you did only shackles, and removed a leaf. And did the bump stop mod above. You should be ok with clearance. If not you will need some new thinner bump stops.

How low are you looking to go total? cause without notching the frame you are quite low right now. i lowered mine 4 inch in the back and its pretty much as low as its going to get. just do what sinr98 said. sounds like your riding on your bump stops. i removed my bump stop bracket and then just mounted my bump stop right to the frame. i also cut 2 or 3 numbs off the bump stop itself. but im also only lowered 4. you should be close to -5 or -6 in the rear. if you have modified your bump stops that's why your getting the bumpy ride.

How low are you looking to go total? cause without notching the frame you are quite low right now. i lowered mine 4 inch in the back and its pretty much as low as its going to get. just do what sinr98 said. sounds like your riding on your bump stops. i removed my bump stop bracket and then just mounted my bump stop right to the frame. i also cut 2 or 3 numbs off the bump stop itself. but im also only lowered 4. you should be close to -5 or -6 in the rear. if you have modified your bump stops that's why your getting the bumpy ride.

dam forsure man thanks alot for the help

I don't know if you typed it wrong, but it sounds like you have drop hangers, drop shackles, and removed a leaf... Is that correct? That would be an approx drop of 5" in the rear. You should have no tire showing with that drop. Unless it's being held up by the bump stops.

If you have already removed the bump stop bracket from the frame, removed a few nubs from the bump stop, and mounted the bump stop to the frame directly (already a hole there). I would guess that your still riding the bump stops on the rear and need to notch the frame.

If you did only shackles, and removed a leaf. And did the bump stop mod above. You should be ok with clearance. If not you will need some new thinner bump stops.

yes thats correct drop hangers, drop shackles, and removed a leaf, but thanks alot i forgot to cut the bump stop brackets and it smacks hard over every bump but thanks alot for your help buddy