90Mm Upgrade

yea its me, i just need a x-link and i will have everything to do the swap, i was wondering what kinds of gains

people see with this mod. i had this blower on my 04 rcsb 5.3 and it seemed to run better on that truck. Seems to me

that the lq9 needs more lungs, granted im only running a 3.0 pulley right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering about the gains doing the 90mm upgrade as well, would re-tuning be required?

Yes indeed, it's best to do a few more things other then just tb and j tube like add bigger injector and a smaller pulley and 100 mm metco pulleys IMO its a better choose when u retune . I had a mp112 a while back and did almost every single mod u can add too it and almost switch the head unit to a 122 but they stop doing

Edited by jgpclone (see edit history)

yea its me, i just need a x-link and i will have everything to do the swap, i was wondering what kinds of gains

people see with this mod. i had this blower on my 04 rcsb 5.3 and it seemed to run better on that truck. Seems to me

that the lq9 needs more lungs, granted im only running a 3.0 pulley right now.

The diffrence on both those trucks is the weigh ur vmax is a few pounds heavier ,

U should do the tb j tube and add bigger injectors and a 2.8 pulley and get a good tunner u should see a noticeable difference in power but that's just my oppinion

Edited by jgpclone (see edit history)

the 90mm is pretty much all i have left unless the airflow increase is enough to require that much more fuel. already done idler pulleys, 2.8 pully on the 112, meth inj, and a chassis dyno tune that put me at 468/483....i thought those numbers were pretty damn good, and didn't think the money it would cost to do the 90mm setup would be worth it, but 15-25hp would be