P0068 Code

chpspecial

I understand its a MAP/throttle body correlation problem... Yes it has a new 2 bar MAP sensor, but I can assure you it is not vacuum leak, and the MAP sensor is reading properly...

I too am leaning to a faulty TPS as the truck is very jerky at light throttle

I am betting its the TPS also. My buddy with a rear mount just had the same issue and code. The spring in the TB was getting weak from boost. But the weird thing about this is that he just out a new 2 bar map in also. Either way he had another tb and we put it on and cleared the code. Didn't come back again and that was about a month ago.

Nick Williams seems to think that its in the tuning. My logs do not show the TB closing when the code sets, however I am leaning towards a bad TPS sensor or TB, either way the TB needs to come out. I will try another good TB and go from there.

Edit: Every possible thing has been tuned out and still the same code.....

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

did you try and bench test the TB with a volt meter to see if you can force it to give you a shitty voltage?? I hate bad parts :( Just went thru this with a project and I was running into crap and it ended up being my 'new' part.

good luck

Thanks Joe, That is another thing I will try. Next I am going to swap out the 02 TAC module and speartech harness for a 2004 TAC module and Xlink and see what that does. IF it doesn't fix it, then I will bench test the TB. The thing is that the truck still did teh P0068 when I swapped in my 90mm TB. So I doubt its the TB.

I have been meaning to look this up on HPT.com and see if there is any help for you...but the kids just started hockey and I have this problem (I forget tuning in the winter :()

thanks for the update, hope it is a simple part swap

Had an issue once with this code, and coincidently on a boosted motor (magnacharged 6.0L). Now you just may have a faulty TB (weak spring) however using HPT, I simply increased the entire "Calculated Airflow vs. TPS vs. RPM" (P1514/P0068 error) table by 40% in the lower TPS area and 20% in the higher. Not sure what table that correlates to in EFI Live.

Is this the right way to do it, not likely but it worked for me. :dunno:

Edited by Krambo
spelling (see edit history)

Had an issue once with this code, and coincidently on a boosted motor (magnacharged 6.0L). Now you just may have a faulty TB (weak spring) however using HPT, I simply increased the entire "Calculated Airflow vs. TPS vs. RPM" (P1514/P0068 error) table by 40% in the lower TPS area and 20% in the higher. Not sure what table that correlates to in EFI Live.

Is this the right way to do it, not likely but it worked for me. :dunno:

I increased those values from the beginning anticipating a similar issue... and even after maxing out all the table, I still get the code, but only in SD mode. When fueling by MAF I don't get it. Today I will swap pcms and see what happens.

Edit, for got to mention, that the code came with both the NW 102mm TB and a stock LS2/7 TB. I know both are good, and the ls2/7 has been on my truck seeing more boost than the kenne bell has put out with out issues.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)