Car Accident

super88

I was dropping of my younger sister at school.. the drop off is on a hill. I stopped with about 20 feet in front of me but I still slid on the ice and hit the ladie in front of me..

there was already a 4 car accident in front of me..

My SS got more damaged than the ladie's van.. she was nice and was like theres no damage plus my van is old..

accident3.jpgaccident2.jpgaccident1.jpg

Not to fear ... I did the same thing with my MistreSS a few winters ago ...

Get ready to take it deep. The plastic bumper cover alone was almost $500.00 ... I screwed up a brake vent/duct and my billet grille insert too ... Was a costly little bump in the end ...

But at least nobody got hurt ... :thumbs:

Not bad at all imo. Some costly fixes yes, but you should also look into the clear wrap they put on vehicles so the bumpers/hoods dont chip on the highway from rocks if your going to be getting new parts, that way they will stay perfect. To do the whole front end in that clear wrap is about 800-1000 but well worth it.

Glad to hear your ok. :chevrolet:

So you guys think I should submit it to my insurance?? Maybe ill have an estimate done first....

Is that a crack in the first pic? Yikes. That's going to have to be plastiwelded. Could probably do the same inside where the brake duct broke loose. Then total sand down and re-paint. That isn't going to be cheap.

So you guys think I should submit it to my insurance?? Maybe ill have an estimate done first....

Personally I'd try to keep it away from insurance as much as possible. Sure it might seem cheaper now, but you'll be paying for it and then some over the next few years. Your insurance rate will climb like crazy with a accident on your record especially if your under 25, and you were at fault right? That lady saved your bacon man. It would be down right silly for you to report yourself. It's some scratchs and cracks, it's not like it's metal work, just take care of it yourself, way less painful.

Personally I'd try to keep it away from insurance as much as possible. Sure it might seem cheaper now, but you'll be paying for it and then some over the next few years. Your insurance rate will climb like crazy with a accident on your record especially if your under 25, and you were at fault right? That lady saved your bacon man. It would be down right silly for you to report yourself. It's some scratchs and cracks, it's not like it's metal work, just take care of it yourself, way less painful.

It really depends.. i'd talk to your insurance company to see how it will effect you. i had somebody hit me once with no insurance.i had full coverage and reported it and my rate's stayed fine.

Go in with a neckbrace and say you might have whiplash too. Go for full disability.

:shakehead: Then they make you go to the dr and find nothing wrong and your in deep doo doo. My head was wedged between a windsheild and dashboard and need neck surgery but mortality rate is over 60%. Not funny, I wouldnt wish the neck pain and migraines I have to go through on my worst enemy.

It really depends.. i'd talk to your insurance company to see how it will effect you. i had somebody hit me once with no insurance.i had full coverage and reported it and my rate's stayed fine.

Yeah, but you weren't at fault. He is, so his insurance would go up. Unless he's got accident forgiveness or something :dunno:

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)