Slowhawk Performance

Let me start off my saying that don seems to know a hell of a lot about GM based engines, and I love my tune...that being said I ran into a few problems with the way he did business. I started having some issues about 3-4 months after i had him do an injector swap and retune. He wasn't very helpful over the phone and pretty much told me he didn't know what to tell me about throwing injector harness alarms. A few months After that I was back in RI and about to go on leave to AK . I would be in AK for about three weeks. Knowing that when i came back I would only be in town for maybe 3 days because I had to drive the SS down to Florida because of my military transfer. So naturally I wanted to get into the shop and have the harnesses looked at before heading down. 1, the wires weren't tied together very well coming off the injectors, and 2, the piggy back system is what was causing them to slip off in the first place. I called Don About a week or so before i left to AK telling him I was still having issues with the harness. He said he didn't have time to look at it before i left and asked if i could leave it there when i was gone. I said that would be fine but I was to be gone for 3 weeks. But he didn't want the truck there for that long, understandable. He then asked why such a rush to have it done before i left on leave, and I told him it was because I didn't know if he needed parts or what because I had to leave on schedule. Don said don't worry and he'd get me in when i returned and that he had the nessisary parts. So on to the next part...about a week before i got back I called and told him my dates, the only days that would've worked for me was a Saturday and Sunday because I had to be in NY on Monday. Then told me Saturday is his day for his cars and he doesn't work on Sundays. This point I was getting pissed off, I changed my flight arrangements, which as some of you know isn't cheap. So I arrived on Thursday night versus Friday night this would allow him to work on it first thing Friday. Get there on Friday at a time prearranged by the both of us, he shows up an hour late, Cranky moody, disrespectful kept hinting he didn't want to be there, I couldn't believe it. Like I changed around my whole schedule to benefit him and this is how you treat a customer, someone who has spent thousands at you shop? Needless to say got new harnesses put on, ones he said he should have put on the first time!?!:wacko: and left there. Sorry for the long story guys needed to vent even though it was a little late, I've just been really busy. Again I'm sure people have there own opinions, this is just mine.

Edited by 907BlownSS (see edit history)

I think the scheduling issue is the tough part. I know many others that went to him and not a bad note about him at all. I know your schedule is tough, but when you start saying I can only do x,y,z then he might be only to do a,b,c.

Sorry to hear the misfortune, he will be tuning my truck. After seeing what he did the LQ9 in the red Silverado, I wouldnt think twice and use him or one other tuner in MA. Then its onto Zippy once the big mods come. I would go to Zippy or KelleyPerformance since your down near him.

I think the scheduling issue is the tough part. I know many others that went to him and not a bad note about him at all. I know your schedule is tough, but when you start saying I can only do x,y,z then he might be only to do a,b,c.

Sorry to hear the misfortune, he will be tuning my truck. After seeing what he did the LQ9 in the red Silverado, I wouldnt think twice and use him or one other tuner in MA. Then its onto Zippy once the big mods come. I would go to Zippy or KelleyPerformance since your down near him.

i hear you with the scheduling part, but he couldve handled thing alot different. Again im not saying by any means that hes a bad tuner, just ddint like the way he treated the situation is all. went down Kelley today and was very pleased with John! Seemed like an awsome dude and i look foward to working with him!

• 1 month later...