Gauge Repair

AK04SS

Hey everyone.

Im looking to get my gauge cluster repaired. Any recommendations? my main thing is that my truck is my daily driver and i have no other way of getting around when its down. does anyone do a core exchange? only site i've seen online was digital dash solutions. My truck is way out of warranty, so i cant bring it to the stealership. they also want $500 to do it!

thanks!

Its actually stored in the cluster. So if you were to buy a used one out of a junk yard and it had 150k miles and you only actually had 80k the junk cluster would show 150k in your truck. Legally I'm obligated to say that I recommend you park the vehicle so that you will not put miles on your truck that is not accounted for on your cluster.

But I can also say that you vehicle will act completely normal and will drive fine with it removed.

Isn't it stored in both places, that way if you had to get a replacement cluster from the dealership let's say then they can load your mileage from the bcm onto the cluster, could be completely wrong lol

It s a possibility. I know for sure its on the cluster but not sure about the BCM.