Props To Gm

SSenvy

Well, When i bought my truck the tach was stuck at 6k, and has been since ive had it. So i took it to the dealer a month ago, and asked if these were still warrantied, becase of the common problem with these cluster issues. Guy looks up my VIN, and says that i met the mileage criteria for warranty on it, but not the years ( mine had 8 year covered ext warranty for the cluster or whatever, truck is 9 ) So he says theres nothing they can do, 600 dollars will get it fixed.

So i went to another big dealer here in alaska, and tried my luck there..... They said the same thing. But here, the service manager was really cool, and said look, dont tell GM i said to do this, but here's there direct Number in Michigan, call them and see if they'll work with ya on it, they usually will, and if they do, they will contact us, and we can get ya squared away. So i called GM, Lady was really nice ( even called me back 2 days later when she said she would, cause dealer here was closed, and there was nothing she could do till Monday) and tells me she has some good news.... that the dealer is willing to work with me On the cluster.

My total cost for everything will be 100.00, instead of 600! Anywho, Just wanted to share that GM took care of me very well i thought. They didnt have to do a damn thing for me, but they did, and i thought they should get some credit for it.

Will be nice having a tach!

Cheers,

Justin

Justin,

I am glad to hear that your dealer and GM came through for you on this. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns in the future. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

:bs: