Loose Driver'S Door Cladding

My driver's door cladding is loose and is rubbing in the front when the door is opened. What is the best way to fix this? Do I have to remove the whole piece? Is there an adhesive or a 2-sided tape? EDIT: It looks like it needs moved towards the rear about 1/4 inch.

Thanks

Edited by harriss (see edit history)

My driver's door cladding is loose and is rubbing in the front when the door is opened. What is the best way to fix this? Do I have to remove the whole piece? Is there an adhesive or a 2-sided tape? EDIT: It looks like it needs moved towards the rear about 1/4 inch.

Thanks

The same thing happend to m with my passanger door. I took it to a local body shop and they removed the cladding and re attached it. They warned me that it might not stay because the cladding may have warpped. Well sure enough a couple weeks later it did it agian and it got to the point where I could not even get my passanger door open without pushing on it.

I had to get a whole new cladding peice put on

It is just held on by Heavy Duty double sided 35 Adhesive. It something you may be able to fix yourself but I would not recomend it. I would get a whole new part and have it put on, thats just my 2 cents.

Thanks

The cladding is held on by platic clips and 3M double sided tape. You have to becareful moving it or you can destroy the cladding as its isnt very thick.

I got some of that 3M 2-way adhesive. I pulled the corner back and put about 4 inches on each side. the cladding now has about 1/8 clearance when the door is opened. Hopefully, this is a long term fix. If not, I will have to pull the whole piece off. Thanks for the help guys.

• 2 weeks later...

just saying. if it comes off and hits the fender once and you have to fix it its not worth fixing. buying a new piece from gm while they are still available would be a good idea. the cladding is a bitch if ever comes off and warps.