Anyone Ever Run 4 Or Even 6 Mufflers!?

slowfive0

Done! SUCCESS, if you like quiet!!!! closedeyes.gifyellow_loser.gif

With the addition of the resonator in each tailpipe (basically a 10" long case - 4.5" x 6.75") really did the trick! It is quiet with a nice tone. You get on it, you can definitely hear it, but it isn't crazy loud like before. No drone----very happy with it!!!

To be honest, if you like sound, a couple of the big magnaflow mufflers and I think most would be very happy. Add these resonators and it quiets it down big time (around 20%) if you're old and like it more tame.

I would compare to this system to the sound level of a Corsa Touring with factory cats imho.....Hope this helps, the quality of my recordings suck, but I was using my cell phone---what can I say....pepsicheer.gif

http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/slowfive0/Silverado%20SS/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

It would be interesting to see the difference. For all around sound the Corsa Touring is certainly my favorite when used with cats and long tubes. Unfortunatly Corsa is one of the only muffler companies that actually put's technology into their muffler. Magnaflow is one of many that use the perforated pipe and stainless packing which is a design copied from the 60's glasspack muffler. Seriously look at them as well as Borla, Edelbrock RPM, Dynomax Ultraflow, etc. There is no technology built into that muffler. It's just a simple system that does happen reduce noise although the resonance from them is horrible because what they do is the exact opposite of the Corsa muffler. The Corsa gets rid of the deep low frequency sound wave's which is where the interior drone comes from. The mufflers with perforated pipe and stainless packing simply by reducing un-even wave's and the frequency that they reduce is the high range frequency. This makes for a cool deep sound and yet a cool deep sound that rumbles it's way into every interior. If it were up to me Corsa would make it in a 4". The Duramax system is a 4" system, but is very loud due to the chambers used in the muffler. Not as much needs to be changed in sound frequency since the turbo on the Duramax gets rid of most of that and therefore the muffler design makes it loud as a result.

Any sound clips of your new setup?

There are videos/pics of the flowmasters and the new magnaflow system with resonators at the posted link:

http://s744.photobuc...Silverado%20SS/

I'm totally with you on the technology. The Corsa's have that channel built into them that basically cancels out the sound waves at the correct frequency (drone). Corsa had come out with a universal muffler (Corsa DB or something like that) a few years ago---I seen an ad in an old magazine a few months ago. I searched high and low and got a hold of someone at corporate who told me that they had discontinued that line---WTF!!! They did end up getting me in touch with the supplier or warehouse or whatever that had bought up all of their remaining stock! I thought JACK POT....WRONG!!! First, they tell me they have them, then they don't, then they do.......Then I"m told that they only have them in 2 1/2". I'm like "sorry, but that won't work, I need 3". Then they say that the 3" mufflers are basically 2 1/2" mufflers with the ends expanded out to 3" and that the tube inside is only 2 1/2" even on the old 3" models. I'm like WTF! Seriously!? I said "no thanks". I would have bought a pair of Corsas in a hot second if I they were available! I would be willing to pay 200+ a muffler too. Too bad they won't go after that market. To be fair, I know their is some engineering built into each muffler design to work with a given engine and it's frequency ranges (4 cylinder, 8 cylinder, size, etc) so maybe that is why they don't do the universal deal???

Anyhow, I'm sure my system still has some drone, but because it is so muffled it is not readily apparent and consequently doesn't bother me at all. I posted a few videos of WOT, cruising around, idle and rev outside, etc. There are some old videos from when it had flowmasters and new ones from today. Unfortunately, both were done with cell phones and different cell phones at that. Quality is marginal, but you get the idea.

Hopefully, this helps some people out as I beat my head against the wall a lot trying to find something comparable to what I wanted to do at the time and something I would like and be able to live with......

It would be interesting to see the difference. For all around sound the Corsa Touring is certainly my favorite when used with cats and long tubes. Unfortunatly Corsa is one of the only muffler companies that actually put's technology into their muffler. Magnaflow is one of many that use the perforated pipe and stainless packing which is a design copied from the 60's glasspack muffler. Seriously look at them as well as Borla, Edelbrock RPM, Dynomax Ultraflow, etc. There is no technology built into that muffler. It's just a simple system that does happen reduce noise although the resonance from them is horrible because what they do is the exact opposite of the Corsa muffler. The Corsa gets rid of the deep low frequency sound wave's which is where the interior drone comes from. The mufflers with perforated pipe and stainless packing simply by reducing un-even wave's and the frequency that they reduce is the high range frequency. This makes for a cool deep sound and yet a cool deep sound that rumbles it's way into every interior. If it were up to me Corsa would make it in a 4". The Duramax system is a 4" system, but is very loud due to the chambers used in the muffler. Not as much needs to be changed in sound frequency since the turbo on the Duramax gets rid of most of that and therefore the muffler design makes it loud as a result.

Any sound clips of your new setup?

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)