Spark Plugs

zippy

I'm going to slowly make a list of spark plugs on here that might be of some use to tuners. I'll be posting a description of them as I go.

Spark plugs heat range 5:

TR5

TR55

Spark Plugs heat range 6:

TR6: 4177 (Mostly used in GM's. Comes pre-gapped around .038 and most often used in low boost supercharger, low boost turbo, small nitrous shot, and strong n/a tuning on 91 octane and less)

BKR6E-11: 2756

LZTR6AIX-13: 2315 (Chrysler spark plug. Commonly used in Jeep 3.8L supercharged)

Spark Plugs heat range 7:

BP7EFS: 3526 (Mostly used in GM's. Comes pre-gapped around .028 and is most often used in higher boost and nitrous applications. For those running high compression and trying to get by on 91 octane this plug may be a good option. This plug is very similar to the TR6 except heat range and base gap.)

BR7EF: 3346 (Mostly used in GM's. Comes pre-gapped around .028 and is most often used in higher boost and nitrous applications. For those running high compression and trying to get by on 91 octane this plug may be a good option. The key to this plug is the non-projected tip.)

41-104: 12571165 (This is the spark plug that comes in the LSA and LS9's. If you want to use an iridium spark plug and run a supercharger this is the spark plug to use).

Many more to come.

Are you gonna say what kind of spark plugs to get for different type of applications? Like these kind will work with N/A motors and also work with boost, or these can only work with N/A motors, or these can only work with boost? That would help out alot especially to us that havent began to modd our engines yet. Thanks in advance Zippy

I'm going to list many different brands as I go, but NGK will be the main brand. This will likely bring many others to this site for information. Over the next couple of months I'm going to try to start posting up some tech info like this. I'm going to post the part numbers, brands, heat range, gaps, and common uses or recomended uses for a specific spark plug. Spark plug choice is alot more important than many may think and hopefully this list will be of some help to those who have a hard time finding part numbers or for those trying to figure out what is best for their setup.

• 1 year later...

Zippy, What are your thoughts on NGK-BR6EF? That's what Wheatley recommended for my setup. Description of my setup in my sig. I was going to use TR6's but Wheatley said that the BR6EF's would be a better option for me. You didn't mention them so I am a little concerned now.

I've ran Autolite plugs in my trucks for years after having problems with ACDelco, Bosch and Champion. I currently have Autolite double platinum APP5245 in the SS and Autolites in the 96.

Zippy, What are your thoughts on NGK-BR6EF? That's what Wheatley recommended for my setup. Description of my setup in my sig. I was going to use TR6's but Wheatley said that the BR6EF's would be a better option for me. You didn't mention them so I am a little concerned now.

The are the same heat range as the ngk tr6, except they are non projected style and are not iridium. So they are good for nitrous, or high boost