Plans For Your Trucks 2012

diggerdan11

So I know this has been asked before in previous years, but so far no this year.

What is Everyone’s Plans for their Trucks this year? What other projects do you have planned (other vehicle, home etc….)

I am almost done with everything I was planning on doing to my Truck this year which includes: Interior LED Swap, Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, and 3000K HIDs in the highs.

I also have to put my new bumper cover on my truck. It has been sitting on my garage for a year now and I’m getting sick of my current beat up bumper. I am also going to change my exhaust setup to either a side exit, or im going to dump them (still have not decided). And I might add suede to the door panels and then do the headliner next year. I am also planning on adding some light to the interior of my truck under the dash that illuminates when I open the door.

I am also saving up this year to try to buy a winter rig before next winter, and hopefully this will be the last winter I drive my SS. :fingersx:

I also get to have lots of fun and re-model my Bathroom and Kitchen in my house, as well as replace all interior and exterior doors and replace most of the carpeting with Laminate. Its going to be a long year.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too much here..

Window tints...

Breaking down my wheels to be painted a gunmetal grey. Also going to have the break ducts and SS emblems done in the same color to tie it all in. Should look bad ass! Not into the whole murdered look.. figure this is the next best thing. Should be done by the end of march.. when ever my ass gets everything ready.

I'm not powder coating because I have a separate set of winter wheels.

i have one down i got a tune from chpspecial. did the led swap doing the weekend its a nice head turner at stop lights.

My other is to get a gas saver in like 3 weeks. Park the truck and do some work on it Roll Pan, lowing Hangers, Under Drive pullies, Looking at diffrent cams looking at a nice loope but still CALI legal. Any input guys will be helpful its a 5.3. what ever i do to this engine it will be going on another truck in Mexico. when that happins ill be looking for a lq9.

Dan was it you that did this last year too? It'd be cool to bring back last years and see who accomplished their goals. I'm pretty sure I did.

For 12 for me:

1. Complete gauges: boost, AFR, oil etc.

2. SS cluster so I can get a trans temp. gauge

3. Pin the crank

4. Finish blacking out bumpers

5. After this, get it to track, run the 1/4

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Dan was it you that did this last year too? It'd be cool to bring back last years and see who accomplished their goals. I'm pretty sure I did.

For 12 for me:

3. Pin the crank

No it was not be but I remember that someone did post that last year and I can tell you it took till the first of this year for me to reach just a couple of my goals for last year

For 12 for me:

3. Pin the crank

Have you had your gauge cluster apart yet? There are about 1/4 of the trucks and suv's out there that the clusters are already programmed to read the tranny temp gauge. If you pull your cluster apart and you have light bulb above the tranny temp stepper motor then all you will have to do is get the overlay, needle and add a stepper motor and it should work without any needed programming.

ive done alot that i have wanted to do to the truck already this year. the smaller things. led interior, odo corrected, new intermediate steering shaft. so not much really lol. getting a new hood next weekend and painting it the week after. other plans are to get a procharger and get my servos in and a shift kit in. then just a couple other appearance things that include iss spoiler, filling the license plate holes in my front bumper cover, smoothing of the tailgate lol and getting them repainted along with my grille and rollpan. thats about it for the year. hopefully i can get most of that done this year

My plans:

• Fix heated seat
  • New windshield
  • Replace/Upgrade brakes
  • Oil Change
  • Screw around with my tune
  • Get a second set of stock chrome 20's for summer
  • Might need to replace HID's

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)