Anybody On Here Ever Used Fsbo/Other Website To Sell Their House?

SSThunder

Met with a realtor Monday and I'm thinking of listing my house for sale using www.forsalebyowner.com. Anybody ever use this site before or one like it? They can list it on zillow, yahoo real estate, forsalebyowner.com and realtor.com(6 months) for a one time fee of $549. Details are here: Package Details

I don't mind selling it myself if I can save myself the crazy $7K fee I'd have to pay a realtor. They basically want me to take a loss for a house that's in a great area close to everything with $500K houses all around me. I know the housing market is down but location is everything. I'm not looking to make money on the sale. Just like to sell to get closer to my daughter. Let me know what you guys think.

I might go with a company called "we buy ugly houses" and this house would be their showpiece. My mother use to be a real estate agent and their just cut throats and not a fan of people looking through my stuff especially when most are collectibles (train models, and I dont want people seeing my truck stored).

Try to sell it yourself, however the house behind us which had a full less bathroom and only 1 master suite (we have 2) sold 1 day after listing the 2nd time around with his asking price. Try it out. Thing is we are willing to take a loss just to move to a smaller house, but its also been evaluated as the nicest house in town due to the kitchen (makes Emeril look like Toys R Us).

edit-you might want to wait a little bit also, supposedely the housing market is going to turn aroun this year.....:unsure:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)