Codes After Header Install.

canadianVRss

So I installed my headers and 160* stat and the old girl is throwing some codes (as expected). I had to drive her 2.5 miles home from my friends shop where I did all the work. Codes are as follows

Po301 generic cylinder 1 misfire 

Po107Manifold absolute pressure/bar0 sensor low input

Po118 engine coolant temperature circuit high input

Okay so Po301 I attribute to this

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/Pwilly7/?action=view&current=image-17.jpg

Cracked spark plug on both sides.

Po107 I have no f-in clue

Po118 I believe was caused by low coolent level for about 45 seconds or so. I filled the resivour up and she took about 2 gallons but when I started it the engine guzzled it all down and I was scrambling for about 45 seconds to grab anothe gallon. It took about 3/4 of that jug before it was at a good level. Could it have gotten hot enough in that 45 sec to throw Po118?

I noticed it did take awhile for the bottom rad hose to get warm and I followed mr. P's directions to burp the system. I also checked the stat in warm water to see if it opened at the correct temp, which it did (73c*, supposed to be 71.7c* but 73c* is close enough). Any thoughts on these codes guys? I cleared them but didn't start the truck. Also the back two plug wires on the drivers side are damn close to the header tubes, I read that one of the other members made brackets of some kind, any other ideas on how to stop them from touching? Right now I just spun/coiled them around the headers.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/Pwilly7/?action=view&current=image-18.jpg

My plug wires were close to the headers as well. Picked up some high-temp sleaves that go over the wires.

Kinda pricey from a stealership, but I have yet to burn a wire! I've seen other guys rig up some zip ties too

Is there that noticeable of a difference in performance with a 160 stat? I've been thinking about it with a set of efans...

Edited by tayldss (see edit history)

You can get the Slleves thru jegs etc and they even come in differnt colors. The code for the coolant could have caught an air pocket and the sensor caught it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moroso-Spark-Plug-Boot-Protectors-High-Temperature-Boot-Sleeves-5-75-Blue-Pair-/330674120742?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfdb6a826

• 2 weeks later...

You'll want to check the map sensor to make sure it didn't get unplugged or damaged during the install. I would also check the coolant sensor wiring to make sure there isn't an issue there. Low coolant level shouldn't set a p0118 code. It almost seems like you have a burned wire, cut wire, or ground issue.

You'll want to check the map sensor to make sure it didn't get unplugged or damaged during the install. I would also check the coolant sensor wiring to make sure there isn't an issue there. Low coolant level shouldn't set a p0118 code. It almost seems like you have a burned wire, cut wire, or ground issue.

Okay I'll look everything over and if I can't find anything I'll wait until my tune arrives. When it does if the code is thrown again I will look into this issue more deeply. Thanks for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...