My New Toy Hopefully...

EmoWalrus05

Nice lookin gun. I've never shot a ruger but they look like great quality. i just picked up a spring field xd .40 subcompact. just got back from putting 200+ round's through it. had a blast. even shot a buddy's 9mm,xd .45 and a fully auto ar-15 that was a BA gun. have fun.

mine has a short mag and 2 long mag's. just picked it up a few days ago.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Yah i just want the compact one so i can conceal it lol

get a subcompact they are even smaller yet. not sure if you own a hand gun or if you have ever shot a ruger. but if i were you i'd hold the gun first and see how you like it. i have shot a few different hand gun's in the last year. but i have never owned one. so last weekend i went out looking for a gun. at first i was dead set on a glock. then i started holding different gun's and the glock didn't fit my hand worth a crap. for me it came down to the spring field that fit the best. when i was out shooting today i went with 4 buddy's and one of them had a glock .45 and i shot a few clip's out of it and it wasn't the gun for me. it shot great and everything but just didn't fit my hand. best of luck to you. if i were you i'd go to a gun store and handle the gun in person.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I bought an LC9 a couple months ago as a small reliable carry gun and it works out great, weights hardly anything and fits in a pocket. It also fits my large hands very well with the optional pinky rest which is difficult to find in a gun that small.

post-20300-002154300 1329699997_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlackSSS (see edit history)

I'm a Glock guy myself, there are many great options out there. I compete in GSSF, but if it weren't for that I'd probably carry a Smith and Wesson M&P. Stock they kind of suck, but there is a guy around here that puts custom sears in them that make the trigger amazing.

086.jpg

085.jpg

LCPtarget.jpg

GlockwithODbaseplate003.jpg

I just bought a Taurus pt709 slim. Got it with the stainless top, mag extension, and laserlyte rear site. Also ordered a pocket holster and in the waist band holster. I looked around and tested out a lot of carry guns and for the price, reliability, and size I couldn't pass this up. I will get some pics of it when it all gets in and I get back home.

I like Ruger. I have shot the LC9. It is a cool little pistol. I have a P95 which is a good pistol for the money. They are good quality firearms for the money. The full size pistols can be a touch boxy feeling, but overall an excellent choice for the money. I have a few higher dollar brands as well, but it is hard to beat Ruger for the price. I am a Sig Sauer and H&K man at heart though! Good luck with your new toy. you will enjoy it.