I Cant Beleive I Did That!

CJ_978

so i was going to meet my buddy at the car wash, and i take a sharp turn into the bay and clipped the side of my truck on one of those yellow concrete poles and scuffed it up pretty good! im friggen pissed! banghead.gif

fdvxcz.jpg

Well that suck's sorry to hear. but on a plus side it looks like you just got the lower cladding. a lady ran into me and got the lower cladding piece and it was like $160 buck's to get it painted. if you took that piece off your self and took it into a body shop. they would do it cheap and could match the color pretty good. best of luck. its not worth turning into insurance sense its so minor. look's like the passenger side in between the tire and cab.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

ya it is on the passenger side on rear, just looks like it can be buffed out, or wet sanded, but the paint chipped on the bed right at the edge of the wheel well, and scuffed the bed a little, i keep looking at the pic and saying to myself how the hell did i do that! eek6.gif but i guess it could be worse, and i could of dented it

Edited by CJ_978 (see edit history)

A member who use to be on here who has a SS truck, had some great paint work done to his custom hood. I could refer you to him, and him to his paint guy. He has worked on my truck ever since it was delivered to the dealership. I will text you tomm bud, or better if you text me dont want to get you at a bad time. Sorry to hear of this.

edit - text me toinite if you want, I usually am up 2-4 days at a time due to my shoulder. Dont be scurred to text at 3am.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Just be happy its a Silver Birch,with previous experience and knowledge learned from this site SB is the easiest to correct. Red and Blue are the toughest, while Black is the most complicated to keep clean/swirl free.

My truck has only been buffed once, right when I bought it. It is due for a real serious paint TLC, even though it is in mint condition. Had people say they need sunglasses looking at my truck but hope to blind them someday.

ya it sucks what ya gunna do??? shit happens then you step in it haha.. but i feel pretty dumb for hitting it like i saw it too and thought i cleared it fully and 03mass thanks for the info, i have someone looking at it this week but if it doesn't go threw i'll give you a call and see if you can give that guy a call,