Why Why Why!

SSenvy

Mud is less corrosive than salk tor sand so I dont see the big deal at all. These are trucks. Not like their Srt-10 limited production trucks. Yes they are rare but a nice detail and your set.

If I showed the snowbanks and snow drifting i used to do with mine I would probably be banned on this site.

Its a truck right last time I checked right? :pepsicheer::chevrolet:

shakehead.gif

Poor SS..... Yeah a regular Silverado I have no problem seeing get nasty like that but really a SS?? closedeyes.gif

-03mass I agree they are just trucks but.... Mud may be less corrosive, but once it gets packed between the cladding and steel rocker panel, door, lower bed sides and everything else there's not much you can do about getting it out of there. Once its packed between it will continue to hold moisture against the paint and steel which will slowly over time turn into a rust problem. Snow isn't so much of an issue it will melt out without damage unless its salty.

Last i checked these trucks aren't considered to be or meant to be off road vehicles... Not sure if anyone saw the promo video for the SSS back in 03 or 04 but there was no mud, dirt, or rocks. To say a "truck is a truck" so it should be treated as such is just plain wrong. idiot.gif Not saying you cant haul your bikes or atv's or even pull a trailer, thats cool with me but leave the truck in the parking lot and use the toys in mud. rant.gif

Happy motoring everybody! thumb.gif lol

I live in VT and yes i drive my truck in the salt some times but I oil my truck every year and i wash it 3-4 times a week. I could never do that to a SS its not meant for off roading at all. Your right its a truck but not one meant to be taken off road. Mud and a truck thats lowered and has 20s on it last i checked wasn't a good combo. Check this out i think this is worse

Sand and paint go great together! shakehead.gif

I think the dunes is just fine for the SS.... Doesnt get dirty and as long as you keep it reasonable yur not gonna get "sand all over underneath etcc etcccc" I dont bash mine in the dunes, I drive it, but these trucks are damn capable. Why not use it?