03 Sss Lost 3Rd Gear....Upgrade Recommendations?

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead but the trans has been in and working great for 3 months. The rebuild took a few days from start to finish and with the video and manual I got it went smooth. Just wanted to say thanks again for the help!

This is great to hear! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Brandon (assisting Tricia)

Chevrolet Customer Service

• 2 weeks later...

For the 3-4 clutch set do not use the Kolene steels with the blue plate clutch's. This will wear them out very fast and they don't need the Kolene for the extra bite. I only use the blue plates in performance builds and stopped using Kolene steels years ago when I talked with an engineer from Raybestos when they postd a bulliten just for that. Since then I use the blue plate fibers with clean normal steels. Installed correctly they won't slip. I recomend the Raybestos Pro-Series band for the 2-4 band, but do not recomend any wide-band setup without machining the Reverse/Input drum that it contacts on. For a non-nitrous, non-boosted setup a standard good quality corvette servo will be plenty with a billet 4th gear servo. Without going into a huge list on here again this is a short list of my info.