Tool Security

texaSS364

I have a small portable tool box i used to lug around in my old truck and i had no worries about it being stolen because i had a tonnaeu cover. I would like to carry it in my Sss since i always find myself needing it when im not at home but i like the concept of having an open bed so i dont want a bed cover. do they make any lockalbe tool boxes that i could bolt to my bed that sit lower than the sides of the bed. being a sports truck i dont want to have a huge tool box in the bed making it look like a work truck.

any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

I got one made by Kobalt - they sell them over at Lowes. It comes in black, so it matches the black SSS pretty nicely. It's sits only about an inch above the bed, and is much shorter than most of the boxes. Also, it doesn't go all the way to the bed, so there's still about 6-8 inches between the bottom of the box and the bed.

Not the best locking mechanism unfortunately - it works for my old golf clubs though! I'm sure it would be good for a smaller tool box though.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_209689-76354-73214011_0__?productId=1164365&Ntt=kobalt+truck+box+black&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dkobalt%2Btruck%2Bbox%2Bblack&facetInfo=

I'll try and take a picture of it tomorrow