V6 Performance?

Thing1

Any tips and advice on getting better performance on a V6? I have a single cab 4.3L silverado that I've made into a custom SS clone. It has the basic stuff that helps a little, K&N High performance air intake, dual exhaust, etc. but I was thinking maybe you guys would have some other ideas that would help out.

Hope to see some input soon, thanks! :P

I was thinking about a 6.0 but that would be pretty expensive, probably around $5k+ after all the parts and labor I would guess? Nitrous wouldn't be too expensive but I would be afraid to run it too hard lol, might be worth looking into though.

I would look into doing some tuning on it for sure. A cam swap on that will really show some good gains if tuned in properly and considerably more if you have the heads ported. As it looks like you're just getting started though I'd recomend starting off with a good shift kit and servo's along with a 9.5" single disc Vigilante converter. That will get you a really good gain in quarter mile times and even more the desirable ability to light the tires up. From there buy HP Tuners and have someone tune it for you. Those three mods alone will net a huge gain over stock. The 4.3L also really responds well to headers including shorties. I'd also shop around for a set of headers from ebay or something like that. Find out what gear you have and possibly look into a 4.10 gear. From there if you aren 't up for a V8 yet, look into a cam and head package or supercharger. As for the nitrous idea this is another thing that works very well on the 4.3L. They will take a 150 shot no problem at all with a properly setup nitrous kit

I would look into doing some tuning on it for sure. A cam swap on that will really show some good gains if tuned in properly and considerably more if you have the heads ported. As it looks like you're just getting started though I'd recomend starting off with a good shift kit and servo's along with a 9.5" single disc Vigilante converter. That will get you a really good gain in quarter mile times and even more the desirable ability to light the tires up. From there buy HP Tuners and have someone tune it for you. Those three mods alone will net a huge gain over stock. The 4.3L also really responds well to headers including shorties. I'd also shop around for a set of headers from ebay or something like that. Find out what gear you have and possibly look into a 4.10 gear. From there if you aren 't up for a V8 yet, look into a cam and head package or supercharger. As for the nitrous idea this is another thing that works very well on the 4.3L. They will take a 150 shot no problem at all with a properly setup nitrous kit

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...