03-06 Gauge Cluster Issues

Ok, I have a 2500 guage cluster that matches my 06 cluster, except it has the trans temp on it, I really want to put the trans temp cluster in my truck.

My questions is, can a used cluster be reprogramed? the local dealer says no, they also said that a used radio couldn't be as well and I proved them wrong. I'm really hoping I can!!

yes a used cluster can be reprogrammed for VIN, hours, and mileage. I just had mine done $190. http://www.fixmygauges.com/

The VIN will enable or disable the DIC, according to what was originally on the truck. I believe any place with a TECH 2 can do it. Some dealerships will and some wont.

yes a used cluster can be reprogrammed for VIN, hours, and mileage. I just had mine done $190. http://www.fixmygauges.com/

The VIN will enable or disable the DIC, according to what was originally on the truck. I believe any place with a TECH 2 can do it. Some dealerships will and some wont.

Were you able ship it to them or did you have to go there in person?

Were you able ship it to them or did you have to go there in person?

The dealer can do it right there. They need to have proof of your current mileage and engine hours etc to program them to the new cluster. It only takes about 20 minutes or less depending on the tech. By shipping both of them out, you cannot drive the vehicle so you will have dow time by a few days or a week.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Ya man. My chevy dealership wouldn't touch it and basically said I was fu**ed. I was talking to Dualls one day and he said he could do it for me and he works at a chevy dealership. it made me really pissed that my dealership were such a holes and said it couldn't be done. But Dualls is the man and got me set up... Super fast turn around time and great service. send it to him. You won't be disappointed

Sent From My GNex