Front Diff?

Hey allI have a 2003 awd that needs a front diff..what my question is how hard is it to find parts for it or where can I find a new front diff(a dealer) I was told that tahoes have the same front differentials that the awd SSS have it that true? Any info on the front diff would be greatly appreciated...thanks every1

I know the Tahoe won't have the right gear ratio. There are a ton of write ups on it on here. Use your search and it will tell u about all you want to know. I am having mine rebuilt right now. Parts are readily available. Most of the time it is just the carrier bearings. That is all I have messed up. Still replacing all of the bearings and seals. Ring gear was fine. Remember if u try to use a Tahoe front diff, and I think it can be done, you will need a 4.10 ring gear,assuming you still have the stock gear ratio in it. Hope this helps.

If you want a whole differential, I hear that jasper sells a good one, but the are pretty pricey.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

The Tahoe's did have a 4.10 gear option although it is rare to find them. I had ordered many myself when I was still ordering trucks. If you don't get one from a truck with full time 4wd you'll need to change out the output drive for the passenger side which has the disconnect in it for the part time 4wd's.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys sry for he late response...I change the fluid and most if the issues went away but it still wines a lil but I've been try not to drive it until I get up the $$$ to fix again thanks guys