Ride Height/Bump Stop Question

Ok, so I started my 4" hanger shackle kit install yesterday, but before I started unbolting things I decided to take some measurements. The right side of my truck seems to be about a quarter of an inch higher than the left (measurement taken from wheel well). That bothered me some, but what bothered me even more was when I measured the distance between the bump stops and the axle, I had 1/2" on the left and 1/4" on the right. I figure if anything, if the right side of my truck is higher, I would have more space between the bump stop and the axle on the right side??? I did get a hanger drop installed about 4.5 years ago, did they maybe mess something up? I have not been in any accidents, so I don't think anything is bent. What should I be looking for? Any thoughts???

most lowered trucks lean, its just in their nature. you will have to take your bumpstops out if you do drop in down to 4" in the back or you will be riding on bumpstops and thats a horrible ride. what i did on my 01 full size was take a hack saw to the stock bump stops and shave them down ended up taking about half of them off that way you never have metal to metal contact, but nothing is wrong with your suspension IMO

When taking your measurements I always take them from a solid point. Like measuring your bed, measure from the lip on the wheel at the point closest to the ground to the vertical point of the wheel well. When measuring your axle clearance measure from the frame to the axle at the same point on both sides. These trucks do have some lean in them, and the beds aren't set on perfect either so you will have some variables here and there anyways.

Ok, so I started my 4" hanger shackle kit install yesterday, but before I started unbolting things I decided to take some measurements. The right side of my truck seems to be about a quarter of an inch higher than the left (measurement taken from wheel well). That bothered me some, but what bothered me even more was when I measured the distance between the bump stops and the axle, I had 1/2" on the left and 1/4" on the right. I figure if anything, if the right side of my truck is higher, I would have more space between the bump stop and the axle on the right side??? I did get a hanger drop installed about 4.5 years ago, did they maybe mess something up? I have not been in any accidents, so I don't think anything is bent. What should I be looking for? Any thoughts???

When I did my 4" rear drop, I took the rear bump stop brackets off and installed the bump stops right to the

frame, I also went with the Belltech Urethane Drop Bumpstops Front #B4923 Rear #B4922.