Howdy Yal

Hey Yal,

Just joined the forum a few days ago. Im lookin for help on gas mileage right now. I already have a K&N Performance Cold Air Intake on it along with a Flowmaster MBAP Straight Pipe.

I recently ordered a Tunesport Performance Module from Performancechipsnow.com

Anyone out there use one of these chips? If so, can ya tell me what it did for your mpg?

Thanks

Ken

Semper Fidelis

You are basically on your way. Getting a vacuum gauge, and watching your driving habits can help too. I know nothing about these moduls, but a custom tune is usually the best bet. Any of the tuners on this site can help improve your performance and MPG's. Wheatley, Zippy, ete. I am in the same boat. I don't want to sell my truck, so Im trying to squeeze all the mpg's out as possible. I hope this helps.

Best MPG mod is your right foot. Custom tune helps, but dont expect leaps and bounds better. At best 1 MPG better in town, .5-1 MPG better Highway, some may have gotten better results, but thats what ive seen with My custom tune. Welcome to the forum!

Hey Yal,

Just joined the forum a few days ago. Im lookin for help on gas mileage right now. I already have a K&N Performance Cold Air Intake on it along with a Flowmaster MBAP Straight Pipe.

I recently ordered a Tunesport Performance Module from Performancechipsnow.com

Anyone out there use one of these chips? If so, can ya tell me what it did for your mpg?

Thanks

Ken

Semper Fidelis

Welcome to the Forum

That is a Big NO on the Chip! Go with a custom tune you will se a pretty good increase in MPGs right away, but like red04supersport said its a 5,000lbs truck with a 6.0 V8 your never going to get that good of MPGs.

To all who wanted to know how the chip worked,

The initial few miles after instillation were a little rough as the computer tried to readjust itself to the initial introduction of the new program. However shortly after and instant increase in horsepower and throttle response was seen.

Mpg gains are yet to be determined. (Manufacturer recommends allowing up to 300 miles and close to 50 starts before seeing full performance change)

The results are in for the chip and I couldnt be more pleased

Prior to the chip I was pulling between 10-12 average mpg depending on where most of the driving was taking place and what load I was hauling

Now with the chip having had a chance to acclimate to the engine and air intake(300 miles and around 50+ starts), I am currently pulling an average mpg of 15-16mpg

again this was from performancechipsnow.com