Need Some Bumper Air Duct Advice

12 members have voted

1. 1. Air Ducts

• Flat
    • Gloss

So decided that I want to paint my bumper air ducts black. I was kinda getting sick of the gray color and I have been thinking about going blacked out since I have the tails done and I was thinking about getting some black wheels.

Well decided just to test it out to see if I actually like it or not, but I have not put them back on my truck yet. I used Plasti-Dip so I could remove it if I decide I dont like it.

Well I plasti-dipped one of them with the flat black plasti-dip, and the other one I hit with and extra clear coat

So Im trying to decide if I want to paint them flat or gloss. The gloss would make them match the bumper better but the flat might stand out a little more, but the gloss is a protective coat so it will help protect it from scratching

What do you guys think? Flat (left) or Gloss (Right)

Ignore the green tape and chunk of plasti-dip missing from the right one, I had a slight accident

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

How is the plasti holding up? I was planning on actually painting mine the plasti was just a test.

I'll tell ya if you spray a protective clear coat over plasti dip it makes it almost impossible to remove. I can be done its just more or a pain because the clear coat makes it less pliable. I think the clear.coat will help make the plasti last longer. Maybe I can find a flat clear coat

<br />How is the plasti holding up? I was planning on actually painting mine the plasti was just a test. <br />

<br />

I'll tell ya if you spray a protective clear coat over plasti dip it makes it almost impossible to remove. I can be done its just more or a pain because the clear coat makes it less pliable. I think the clear.coat will help make the plasti last longer. Maybe I can find a flat clear coat<br />

<br /><br /><br />

My rims have been through about 7 scrub and washes and one center cap plasti blew off but I think it was just a wrong angle deal on my part. The ducts look great still and probably have 600 highway miles on them through rain snow and sun. I was just doing the plasti as well to see if I liked them painted or not.

Sent From My GNex

I'd go gloss, cleaner look. If you're looking to go darker but still stand out, charcoal is a GREAT color to go with. I just did my emblems in charcoal and it offsets with the black perfectly. You can notice them against the black enough to distinguish the difference, but some angles it looks very black and matches nicely.

I'd go gloss, cleaner look. If you're looking to go darker but still stand out, charcoal is a GREAT color to go with. I just did my emblems in charcoal and it offsets with the black perfectly. You can notice them against the black enough to distinguish the difference, but some angles it looks very black and matches nicely.

iamwithstupid.gif

Well i Decided to go with the flat black for now. Here are some pics after install. I finally installed the mesh grill part in the brake ducts as well, I have been without those for a couple years now.

Sorry about the crappy cell pics and the dirty truck (stupid winter im so sick of it)

2012-03-24_08-41-12_836.jpg

2012-03-24_08-41-21_813.jpg

• 3 years later...

Well i Decided to go with the flat black for now. Here are some pics after install. I finally installed the mesh grill part in the brake ducts as well, I have been without those for a couple years now.

Sorry about the crappy cell pics and the dirty truck (stupid winter im so sick of it)

2012-03-24_08-41-12_836.jpg

2012-03-24_08-41-21_813.jpg

I think the flat black gives it a little bit of pop. The gloss would just blend in and get lost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...