Tuner

anthonylcorso

I am about to buy an EdgeTuner. Just wondering if it worth the money. A friend of mine bought one for his diesel and had pretty good gains all around. I know it is different for gas. They advertise a 29hp, 30ft/lbs and a couple extra miles to a gallon gain. Does anyone have any insight as to whether it is worth it or not? Its going to be about $380. Or is there something else I should do that is around the same price? I already have an intake and exhaust.

As far as a tune, its only as good as the tuner himself. Obviously a live tune whether its dyno or street tuned, will get just a bit more outta your truck than a mail order, the only thing I see good with handhelds are being able to change your tire size/speedometer and clocking your times. I would just get a mail order if you have a cai and exhaust, their pretty much the same tunes.

Edge Tuner, never heard of but dont waste your money, the mail order/live/dyno tuners on here have worked on these trucks a long time and are to the real deal. Havent heard one complaint. And they can adjust much more parameters than the handhelds.

$380 is steep unless they are similar to Hp tuners or EFI Live.

I have been in one vehicle that was a gas application with a hand held. You could tell some difference, but nothing like a custom tune. Thats the route im headed. Just got to get the extra cash.

You can probably get a custom tune or mail order tune cheaper and get twice the results i dint think anyone on here has a handheld tune in there truck. No joke there not impressive at all.

Buy your own device, I would recommend Hp Tuners VCM pro, buy the learn@home book from thetuningschool.com, do your own driveability tuning, handle your tq management, shift points, etc. They give you a year of support reading tune files ect.