New Owner From Seattle

-freak-

Just picked up a 2003 Silverado SS and fingered I should introduce myself. My original intentions was to end up with a 1st generation Ford HD Edition(I know its a Ford, but I have never discriminated against any make of vehicle) but they only came in RWD. My original passion was in the VW car scene but the older I get, the farther from those cars I get. My truck is pretty much bone stock but as with every vehicle I have owned, it won't stay that way for long. I am a professional bodyman and future plans for the truck are to make it faster, lower, and with minor body mods. I must say, after owning this for just a day, I am VERY happy with my choice of going with the SS. It's an all around perfect truck for my needs..

Here is a picture after picking it up yesterday.

sssilverado.jpg

thank you gentleman.. I am a member of a lot of different car and truck forums and this is my first Chevy forum.

I feel like I got a decent deal on the truck its got 84k on the odometer and it has been VERY well taken care of.. As far as the pinstripe goes, it is a silver leaf custom stripe. I have NEVER been a fan of any kind of pinstripping but I am kind of liking this due to it just being silver leaf and the quality of it..

Drove it into Seattle today to take the kiddos to the zoo and as far as freeway driving goes, it seems to be a lot of fun and rides and handles way better than I expected.. My last truck that I just got rid off was a 2005 Cummins Dodge dually lifted on 37's, so its quite a change as far as driver goes..

I will continue to snoop around on here and search for answers to any questions I might have, but I will give you guys fair warning, I can be a little bit of a smart ass the majority of times.

1 question for now, what are the known problems with these trucks if any, especially with the drivetrain...