Bmw 325I

cb2big4u

On the way home from dinner with my wife when I see two bmws take a right turn onto the road I was on. I slowed a little to see if they would go. One was a m3 and one was a 325i. Both looked very new (body style wise). Stopped at a light and the 325i pulled up next to me. As soon as light turned green I jumped but didn't floor it only because the BMW seemed hesitant. While I'm still in first the 325i goes. He got the jump and I floored my truck. Wheels on the truck spin a small bit but I still couldn't catch up. Not even a bit. He then let's off when I'm only half way through second gear. Pull up to another light but with traffic in front of us and he is talking like he won (pretty much did). He had 4 people in his car also. Moral of the story is I got my ass handed to me but next time whether the car goes or not, when the light turns green, I'm going.

Also haven't received my tune from black bear performance yet. Should be here this coming week though!

Traction, traction, traction. Keep traction. And you wont wind up like the other one who raced a bmw he should have beat. Ive raced 318ti's, 323s, 325s, 328s, 330s, 335s and M3s. I understand you not flooring it and losing a bit traction, but this shouldnt be an issue from my experience on a stock truck. Unless I am stupid enough not to realize mods on my truck.

Can never be too late to F/I or spray though... :chevrolet:

I should have beat it. Looked up the specs afterwards and was disappointed. Just got my tune back from black bear and I can't believe this was not the first thing I did. Now traction seems even worse. How can I get a better launch other than staying out of the peddle a bit?