Finally Got My '07 Sss

kcorona209

Ive been wanting this damn truck for awhile and now that I have it I cant stop smiling. She's a 2007 w/75k miles RWD, but I look at it as where I live the climate stays pretty neutral so I wont really need the AWD. I haven't seen a whole lot of 07 owners on this site, which makes me wonder if there was any changes made to my year as opposed to others. She has a couple dings I have to fix, and my hood wont seem to shut properly. But those are little things I made into a bigger deal to the seller to get it for $11,000. Which I did thumb.gif. And all the paint needed was some clay bar and a couple coats of polish/wax. I cant wait to get all the goodies for it, its bone stock, so it'll be a fun project for me; exhaust, headers, intake, a quality tune should make me happy for awhile. Any other suggestions?

Im fresh into this site by the way, my names Kristian Corona and I reside in Northern California in Stockton and its nice to see everyone has the same passion for these beast's like I do. If anyone knows quality tuners up here let me know, thanks.

post-24033-052348700 1334255606_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CoronaSS (see edit history)

The Ambassador of SoCal welcomes you. We need a NorCal Ambassador, applications are being accepted :laugh:

See when BlackBear is in town and get a live street or dyno tune. Looks like you have a 06/07 reg. silvy grille, not an SS with an 03-05 hood. Are you sure it's an 07 classic or the guy was in process of converting it, didn't finish and lied? To complete the 06/07 classic SS front end you are gonna need an SS grille shell or paint that one Onyx Black, an 06/07 hood and the lower bumper insert. Just trying to help. Or it really is an 07 classic and the OEM hood/grille was stolen and someone replaced the pieces with incorrect parts. Cuz the way it is now is incorrect due to those 2 reasons. People do 06/07 conversions or the unique 06/07 parts get stolen and replaced incorrectly.I'm not trying to any way be an ass or unwelcoming. Just making suggestions as you asked :) Congrats.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

The Ambassador of SoCal welcomes you. We need a NorCal Ambassador, applications are being accepted :laugh:

See when BlackBear is in town and get a live street or dyno tune. Looks like you have a 06/07 reg. silvy grille, not an SS with an 03-05 hood. Are you sure it's an 07 classic or the guy was in process of converting it, didn't finish and lied? To complete the 06/07 classic SS front end you are gonna need an SS grille shell or paint that one Onyx Black, an 06/07 hood and the lower bumper insert. Just trying to help.

Yeah my guess is that they got into a front end accident. The lady who sold it to me looked like she was ignoring me when i asked her if it was in an accident. Thats why im thinking that the insert is missing and i have an 06/07 grille. Im going to do the car fax to find out. But i know this person wasnt converting this, She looks exactly like this pic sent out by GM in '07, and the VIN Num reads to be a Classic 07 SS

post-24033-014307800 1334257123_thumb.jpg

Yeah my guess is that they got into a front end accident. The lady who sold it to me looked like she was ignoring me when i asked her if it was in an accident. Thats why im thinking that the insert is missing and i have an 06/07 grille. Im going to do the car fax to find out. But i know this person wasnt converting this, She looks exactly like this pic sent out by GM in '07, and the VIN Num reads to be a Classic 07 SS

post-24033-014307800 1334257123_thumb.jpg

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Welcome. I have never seen an SSS with a chrome grill from the factory. Sounds like a smoking deal either way! Enjoy your build!

Thank you! and yeah im a little surprised more haven't researched more on this year of the SS. Chrome grille factory or not, im going to remove it and add the other one I like black over chrome any day.

Thank you! and yeah im a little surprised more haven't researched more on this year of the SS. Chrome grille factory or not, im going to remove it and add the other one I like black over chrome any day.

Welcome. Their isnt really much to reseach, their the same as every other rwd SS. The only thing debated about the 07 is if they are left over 2006 DEI SS' in which their would only be 100 2007 classic SS'. But knowone can really confirm that, their was a member on here who said the Ohio plant made some SS trucks, which was after the Oshawa plant closed (I believe, not sure the exact timing it closed). If it is a DEI leftover, the suspsension is up for debate as the Intimidator supposedly has a lower factory stance, but that hasnt been agreed upon. Ive been told by dealership owners (I use to work for the owner of a Chevy dealership) all the suspensions are Z60, others have said the DEI's have a stiffer front stabalizer bar, Teneco shocks, and two stage leaf springs.

This is all info that is not confirmed. Not trying to stir the pot, just the mystery info that surrounds the 2007. But regardless, welcome to the site. :chevrolet:

Car Fax does not always tell the whole story but it may be a good start. If the wreck was never reported it would not show up on a car fax. Most likely that is what happened. The 03-05 hood is not correct for the 06-07 grill and that is partially why it is not shutting properly. The other may be minor damage if it was indeed wrecked.

Good Luck with your new purchase!!! Always glad to see some one new taking interest in such a rare vehicle.

07 Is the Rarest SS. Unfortunately we no longer have a way to get documentation as compnine has closed it web site. Based on other numbers I would say maybe between 1000 - 2000 units for that year. Remember they had to have something like 900 units in order to produce the original 2004 VHO trucks which were the same basic truck as the SS with out the body work and SS specific stuff.

Yes welcome to the SS squad.. As previously stated a carfax will not tell you anything unless it was reported. My truck was hit but nothing came up on the carfax when i bought it. Bastards... I didnt start noticing until a couple weeks after i had it. Poor blue beauty... Anyway still a good buy.

Maybe its just the picture but the hood doesnt look like the 06/07 classic hood, hmmm, definitely check that carfax and let us know what u find. Wellcome to the site and welcome to the family!

Thats a good catch. I didn't even notice the hood until you pointed it out. I'm even more interested to see what's up now.