Would You Be Scared Of A 1 Owner Ss With 200K Miles On It And All Serv

Sneakystiffler21

I sold my black 03 SS in 2009 and instantly regretted it. I found one earlier this week for less than $10k that is mostly stock other than a bed cover, intake, and exhaust. It has 200k on the clock and a 1 owner that was an older man. The deal has all the service records for it and it was religiously maintained. Other than oil change and tire rotation, it had the idler and pitman arms replaced at 112k and new wires at 118k. The interior looks new, leather is in good shape and everything works.

Would you be afraid of this truck? NADA says it's worth $13500 retail and I can get it drive out for $9200.

Thanks.

i bought mine with 168k miles back in october and it runs just fine so i wouldnt be scared of iit. as long as it was maintained by a good owner theres nothing wrong with it. are you by chance talking about the one in Daphne, AL??

i bought mine with 168k miles back in october and it runs just fine so i wouldnt be scared of iit. as long as it was maintained by a good owner theres nothing wrong with it. are you by chance talking about the one in Daphne, AL??

'

There area couple in Daphne but it is one of them.

It's at a dealer, but i intend to lay cash on the table and beat them up as much as possible.

Yep, pick it apart! If they do not budge on the price, ask for a complete service on the truck (since it is a dealer)...engine oil, tranny, diffs, t-case, grease, spark plugs and a fresh state INSPECTION.

Good luck!

BTW, dealers prefer financing. They get a kickback from the bank...usually only like $500 however it is still money to the dealer. Play the game!

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

definitely chew them down 10k is alot for a truck with 200k. id try and chisel them down to 8

a dealer offered me 13.5 for mine 2 years ago when it had 48k on it. i can only imagine what they gave that old man for it. probably 5000 if he was lucky

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

I just picked up an 06 Sierra Denali with just over 200K on the clock for around the same price. It may be more than some would pay, but it was also a one owner truck that was never wrecked with maint. records. The interior is in better shape than most with half the miles so the previous owner is more important than miles to me. I've done a full service on it, and it drives like a dream. I fully expect to get many more miles out of it, but I still got a pre-purchase inspection from a non-biased party just to be safe.

Kerry

I just picked up an 06 Sierra Denali with just over 200K on the clock for around the same price. It may be more than some would pay, but it was also a one owner truck that was never wrecked with maint. records. The interior is in better shape than most with half the miles so the previous owner is more important than miles to me. I've done a full service on it, and it drives like a dream. I fully expect to get many more miles out of it, but I still got a pre-purchase inspection from a non-biased party just to be safe.

Kerry

Who would you recommend do an inspection, The original dealership that it was purchased from is about 10 minutes from the dealer it's at, they have all the service records for it and told me I could come get a copy when I picked up the truck. Would you consider them unbiased to do an inspection?

I would get the service records before hand.

I already called the original dealer and they read me everything that wasn't oil change and tire rotation over the phone. It's had idler and pitman arm replaced at 118k, new plugs and wires at 128k, new tires at 150k, otherwise oil change every 3k miles, and tire rotation and alignment every 2-3 oil changes.