Shiftkit and servo

Let me make a new topic without picture's.

Looked at it again, no instruction, 2 pieces of aluminium, and a ring looks like a small pistonring. Package says 4L60 SERVO, Corvette 82-up 2nd APPLY.

The transgo shift kit is the SK4L60E-K, i only did page 1 and i am not sure i have to do all pages. Let me do this 1 step at the time.

Page 2 is the 2nd piston upgrade. looks like the corvette-servo?help

I have to grind 4 oil exit notches, place a coil-spacer, install 2 different springs and a shim.No problem.

Then there is a part i have to identify 2ndpiston and circle the last three numbers so on page 6 i know which color springs to use.

But when i replace the 2nd with the corvette-servo (or is this wrong?) helpwhich spring do i use on page 6? help

We don't have transshops overhere on every corner and sure not for "special" jobs like this.

I agree with zippy, your instructions sound funny??

My transgo had 5 pages of instructions. I have scanned them for you - hopefully this will help. The pictures are big, so I am putting links here:

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

I probably won't leave these links active for too long... so make sure you save copies if you want the info.

Good luck. ;) :thumbs:

Thanks Deezel, but i have different manual, i scanned and scanned and scanned (pdf doesn't work) mailed mailed mailed (scanner on different pc) and photobucket it.

yes it worked, i have page 2 and 6:

Scannen.jpg

Scannen0001.jpg

now that I see your instructions I understand what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Yes, the corvette servo is the 2nd piston. I used the white spring. I did not grind any oil notches because that part was not in my instructions.

I have no spacers (washers) in the 2nd accumulator. I drilled .082 on the 1-2 and .093 on the rest.

Hope this answers your questions. ;) :jester:

:cheers:

Hey chiel, just out of curiousity did you ever get your Vortech installed?

not yet, it is getting on this winter,i am playing with hptuners and trying to get the shiftkit on. for now i have enough work (extra building on my work)

• 1 month later...

Yes, i did page 2 with the help of :http://www.gmfullsize.com/Tech%20Page/VetteServoTech.html

Car drove OK for a week till today: when i am at 1000/2000rpm and give a little throttle the revs go up but the gearbox is a little behind, it feels like a big stall?

First week 1/2 shift was pretty hard and now it is very soft?

I didn't drill the holes yet, maybe that is the problem. But after a week :dunno:

Did you install any of the "Gold Shims" mentioned in the transgo instructions? If not, your 2nd gear band may be slipping. I used one shim. It should be easy enough to go back and put one in, just take it easy or don't drive it until you get it fixed. Also, if you are careful, you can save and re-use the o-ring seals.

Archived