Front Differential Growl

Well since i got lowered i think my front differential started to growl more than what it did before lowering it. It only growls when i turn at low speeds. yes i know this is a common issue with these trucks. I did just change the fluid with 2 qts. of valvoline 80w-90 GL5 dura blend gear lube about a month ago. Is this something thats just gonna go out on me soon, or something that could take awhile. When i changed my fluid i did have some metal shavings on the magnet. No chunks or anything like that. Am i in for a rebuild soon or drive it till it goes? Any suggestions?

Why didnt you go with full Synthetic?

IDK why i didtnt :confused: , But after reading this im glad i didnt with my 03 (look at post #5)

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/66447-front-diff-fluid/page__p__744827__hl__bear__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=744827

After i read that im bout to drain and refill

I will never see -24 degrees F, I dont think you will either. Thats the only thing that they talk about. I use it in my 03 SSS and no problems. I think it made it smoother. Anyways, to each their own

Edited by RebelOne (see edit history)

I will never see -24 degrees F, I dont think you will either. Thats the only thing that they talk about. I use it in my 03 SSS and no problems. I think it made it smoother. Anyways, to each their own

True, Very true

I had every single liquid changed at 49k to all dealer synthetic fluid and no problems to 63k. Then again in that bulletin it states for trucks built after April 03, and mine was built in April so maybe its luck of the draw, or the time of the build.