Corsa or OBX LT's

f1ss

Corsa vs Dynatech OBX's  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Corsa
    • Dynatech OBX

Been thinking between the two mods, and cant really decide. Both will be added, but will only do one mod in the fall then the other one in winter or next spring.

The Corsa will stay on, however the OBX is just a temp mod until I go up to the ARH LT's down the line when I do more mods. These will be paired up with a GMPP intake.

I voted corsa but I meant to vote headers... once you ahve headers you won't want corsa. Corsa Y pipes into single exhaust which is fine for a relatively stock truck but with all the increased flow your header gives, it'd be a waste to y pipe it, it'd be better to get a true dual exhaust with an x pipe.

I voted corsa but I meant to vote headers... once you ahve headers you won't want corsa. Corsa Y pipes into single exhaust which is fine for a relatively stock truck but with all the increased flow your header gives, it'd be a waste to y pipe it, it'd be better to get a true dual exhaust with an x pipe.

There are a lot of very high horsepower trucks (far from relatively stock) on here running Corsa exhaust

Interesting.......... :huh:

Corsa...why waste money on one set of long tubes just to turn around and buy another set down the road? I can't criticize much because before I got my ARHs I had a set of lpp long tubes but when I bought them I didn't have any intention of buying more headers. The ARHs were just kind of an impulse buy :P but anyway, get the corsa for now and just buy the ARH long tubes later on, and skip the cheaper set of headers all together.

TallCanadian, I have to have a muffler as the Cops would have a heyday with me. And emissions. Im also worried about the hallowed OBX cats and not passing emissions...was thinking of welding in Magnaflow cats. I guess my reasoning for the OBX's was I would get all the basic bolt on setup going (intake, LTs, Corsa, tune) then start purchasing the bigger mods (heads, maybe a cam, torque converter) and then go onto the ARH 1 7/8 headers. This will be a slow build, Ive had the truck since 2005 and this will be my 1st mod so I take my time as I like seeing the new products coming out and seeing what is the correct way to build the engine up. Plus I am on a budget, but I would rather save up the money and wait a while to get a superior quality product. I do like the OBX header system and would please me happily until I get the engine internal mods which may be at least a year or so down the line.

Thank you guys, keep the opinions and votes coming -chevy bowtie-

Haha I dunno i'm no expert i'm Just going off of things I have read for the most part. I'm getting rid of my Corsa for that reason, plustruck is too low to properly fit the massive muffler.

To low? Im 3/4 and there is plenty of clearence. Im going to assume you arent lower than 3/4 therefor clearnence shouldnt be an issue what so ever. As for flow, Corsa flows just fine for what we do with our trucks. Especially for the ones included in this thead. Again, we are thinking into exhaust WAY to much for the projected powertrain setups discussed.

Corsa...why waste money on one set of long tubes just to turn around and buy another set down the road? I can't criticize much because before I got my ARHs I had a set of lpp long tubes but when I bought them I didn't have any intention of buying more headers. The ARHs were just kind of an impulse buy :P but anyway, get the corsa for now and just buy the ARH long tubes later on, and skip the cheaper set of headers all together.

:withstupid:

To low? Im 3/4 and there is plenty of clearence. Im going to assume you arent lower than 3/4 therefor clearnence shouldnt be an issue what so ever. As for flow, Corsa flows just fine for what we do with our trucks. Especially for the ones included in this thead. Again, we are thinking into exhaust WAY to much for the projected powertrain setups discussed.

4/6 but it sits more like a 4/7 for some reason. I was talking to bad ass silvy, and because I did a flip kit supposedly if i hit a bigger sized bump the axle will squish the piping up against the bottom of the bed?

But I do agree on your second point there. I just wanted to throw it out there :P

^^^ do u have pix of your 4/6 drop?

Op if your sure u want a corsa then do that first instead of having to swap headers later knowing now that those aren't the ones you really want.

I will post a thread next saturday or sunday once the truck is fully detailed